(9)Mr. Hulk

(diner outfit - with the mask from the suit!)

The next day we're sitting in a diner. I'm wearing a mask from my suit that covers the lower half of my face. I share a seat with Scott while Nat and Steve sit together and Bruce sits on the outside of the booth.

"Come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating here. Try some of that." Bruce says, pushing the massive bowl of eggs closer to me. Bruce isn't the same. He's in the Hulk's body but with his own mind.

"Have some eggs." He says to me.

"I'm good, thanks." I say. We all stare at him.

"I'm so confused." Scott shakes his head, staring at Bruce.

"These are confusing times." Bruce replies.

"Right, no, no. That's not what I meant." Scott stutters.

"Nah, I get it. I'm kidding!" Bruce smiles. "I know, it's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now."

"Yeah. Wha- how? Why?" Scott says as we watch Bruce take a bite out of his breakfast.

"Five years ago, we got out asses beat." Bruce begins. "Except it was worse for me, 'cause I lost twice. First Hulk lost, then Banner lost. And then, we all lost." He goes on.

"No one blamed you, Bruce." Nat says.

"I did." He replies. "For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of." He explains.

"But then, I started looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in the gamma lab." He says. "I put the brains and the brawn together. And now, look at me."

"Best of both worlds." I mumble.

"Exactly." He smiles at me.

A group of three kids approach our table. "Excuse me, Mr. Hulk?" A young girl says.

"Yes?" a Bruce greets them.

"Can we get a photo?" She asks.

"100% little person." Bruce replies and hands me their phone.

The oldest boy looks at me. "Woah." He lets out. "You're the Red Dahlia." He says, amazed.

"Hi." I say surprised. I've never been in a setting so calm with part of my suit on.

"Can we get a photo with you, too?" He asks.

"Oh, um..." I look at Nat and she nods. She looks just as surprised.