(10)Memories

I leave the garage where we did the time-heist test run. My heart is beating and I'm shocked. I haven't used my powers in forever.

I rush to the gym. It's on the other side of the compound so nobody will bother me.

The door closes behind me and I sit on the floor, leaning my back against the wall. I pull my knees into my chest and take deep breaths.

I can't think of anything to calm myself down.

I decide to pull my phone out of my back pocket. I open the photos app and scroll through.

The first thing I click on is a video. Peter and I are in the student lounge at school with Ned and Mj. He has his arm around me and when I turn the camera to him, he looks down at it. He smiles and kisses the top of my head. The video ends.

I swipe and I'm brought to a photo of Wanda and I. We're in matching Holiday PJ's, posing in my bathroom mirror.

Next is a video filmed by Peter. Mj and I sitting on Ned's couch in sweatpants with karaoke mics in our hands singing Heart Attack by Demi Lovato. It's the first occasion I've ever sang in front of anybody. I was actually pretty good, or so I've been told. In the video I hit the long rif. Peter zooms into Ned's shocked face behind the couch as he listens to me and laughs as the video ends.

I swipe again. A photo of Peter and I asleep on his couch. May must've taken it.

Then there's a picture of me and Tony in the gym mirror. He has me in a head lock and all you can see are my wide eyes behind my phone.

The next is a video from before Lagos. Before the Accords, before Thanos. Vision and I are cooking and I take a video of Him using the laser in his head to fry a chicken.

I swipe. Peter and I again. We're laying in my bed and he's kissing my cheek.

Just before I can scroll again, the door opens. I look up to see Tony. I blink a few times to make sure it's really him.

"Tony?" I let out.

"Why the long face?" He asks me. I then feel a tear fall down my cheek that I quickly wipe away.

"One might call it reminiscing." I say.

"Mhm." Tony says as he sits down next to me. "I'm gonna pretend like I don't see a picture of a boy in your bed right now." He says looking forward.

My eyes widen and I quietly tuck the phone into my back pocket.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better..." He pauses. "I figured it out."

I look at him again. "What?"

"Time travel. I figured it out." He shrugs. "Nat's leaving to collect Barton as we speak, and Bruce to get Thor, alongside the squirrel." Tony says.

I let out a shaky breath.

"W- sorry. You're saying this may actually work?" I ask.

"If we try hard enough." He says. "But we need you on the team." He nudges me with his elbow.

"Right." I chuckle dryly. "I guess I'll help save the world again." I say in an annoyed tone but he knows I'm kidding.

"Ah, yes. I'm always asking so much of you." He replies sarcastically. I chuckle and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'll tell ya what," He begins. "After we get them back, I'll buy you a car."

I scoff. "You are not buying me a car." I say.

"Why not? You're gonna have to get to school somehow. Happy can't drive you forever." He replies. "Poor thing, he's gettin' brittle."

"School?" I say, looking at him and sit up.

"Well, I assume you'll be going back seeing as you still haven't graduated."

I roll my eyes. "How about we just go out for sundaes instead?"

"Sundaes and... a shopping spree?" He negotiates.

"You're really trying to blow a bunch of money on me, huh?" I say to him,

"Who said I was buying?" He jokes. I nudge his arm and we chuckles. I pause for a beat.

"Alright, Iron Man." I say. "You've got yourself a deal."

•   •   •