(13)Time-Heist

A few days later, I'm in my bathroom getting changed. I have on my suit and then I have to wear the - as Tony calls it - 'Time-Space GPS'.

My hands are shaky and my heart beat is quick.

I look down at my hands and twist the rings that hug my fingers.

I hear my bedroom door open and someone's footsteps walk in. Natasha.

I don't move my gaze. Nat comes in behind me wearing her suit aswell. She watches my hands shake and puts her hands on my shoulders.

"You okay?" She mumbles and looks at me through the bathroom mirror in front of me.

"Mhm." I look up and nod.

"You nervous?" She asks with a smile.

"Mhm" I smile back. She rests her chin on my shoulder and hugs my back.

"This is gonna work." She tells me. I let out a breath.

"I know." I say.

"Come on." She mouthes and we make our way down.

•                  •                  •                   •

"Five years ago, we lost." Cap says. "All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves."

We all stand in a circle on the time-machine. I'm between Steve and Nat.

"Today, we have a chance to bring it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes, no do-overs." Nat holds my hand.

"Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives, and we're gonna win."

Tony looks to Steve.

"Whatever it takes." He says. We all put our fists in the middle of the circle and nod.

Steve looks at the rest of us. "Good luck."

We all step back and get ready.

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket says to Scott.

"Right?" Scott smirks.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, Jolly Green." Tony says.

I smile at Nat before I let go of her hand.

"Trackers engaged." Banner calls.

"See you in a minute." Nat smiles at Steve and I.

I chuckle before the machine starts. The devices above us start moving and lights in the panel below us start to flash.

Our suits engage and our faces are enveloped in helmets.

We all look up and the portal opens below us, sucking us in, and we all go our separate ways.

______

It's 2012, we're in New York. After Bruce went to find the Time Stone, Scott, Steve, Tony and I went to the Avengers Tower to get the Sceptre and the Tesseract.

I'm wearing a black pencil skirt that goes down to my knees, a white blouse, and a black blazer over top. My hair is down, just covering the stethoscope around my neck. And my heels are about an inch and a half tall, all black with straps.

I stand off in the corner of the lobby waiting for the signal.

"Thumbalina, do you copy? I've got eyes on the prize. It's go time." Tony says through comms.