(5)Three Months Later

fit⬇️ (⚠️Trigger Warning: Depression & Mentions of Suicide)

I stand in the living room next to Nat with my arms crossed over my chest

I stand in the living room next to Nat with my arms crossed over my chest. The reflection in the TV mirrors the bright colours from the Christmas tree lights.

Steve and Rhodey are sitting on the edge of the sofa watching the screen.

"Hundreds of social media accounts, websites and even Secret Societies are, quote; Hunting The Red Dahlia, in hopes of retracting her power and gaining her abilities. Sources believe, not only, that she is alive, but she harnesses the power to reverse what Thanos did on earth almost four months ago." The reporter says. As she speaks, photos of me in my mask with a hood up appeared on the screen.

Steve and Nat look at each other with shock and fear written on their faces.

"The government has said that it is important to respect their privacy with The Red Dahlia and remember she is also a person, and her abilities will be investigated." She says but is soon interrupted by the man next to her.

"But The Dahlia is still a weapon." He says. The woman hesitates.

"Well, I suppose you could see it like that-"

"The Red Dahlia is rumoured to be a sorcerer, okay? We don't know what she's capable of." He goes on. "Maybe she was working with Thanos. For all we know, she could've been the reason everyone's gone!" The man says angrily.

Steve quickly mutes the TV.

I stand quietly with tears in my eyes. Steve turns and looks at me. As does everyone else. I blink away my tears and sniff.

"Well." I let out. "That's that, huh?" I wipe away a stray tear.

"We'll take care of it." Steve says.

"No. No, you won't." I say and shake my head. "You heard what they said. Not only do they think I'm the reason for all this, but people are ready to dissect me like a frog in a high school biology lab." I say. "Okay? I can't put you all at risk. Not after we've lost so much already."

Steve opens his mouth to talk but stops as he realizes I'm right. Nat puts a hand on my shoulder and I look at her, teary eyed.

"I know a place you can stay." She says. "How fast can you call Stark?" She looks at Rhodey.

Less than an hour later, Tony is in the living room, quickly talking to us about a plan.

"We'll take you in a couple days." He states. "Let them know the sitch, give yourself some time to get ready." He walks away.

I shake my head again and walk off, heading straight for my room.

At night I do nothing. Much like every other night. I lay in my bed in my sweats with my hood up. All lights are off, door is closed and my phone rests on my bedside table, blowing up with news updates.

I stay that way for hours. I have no motivation for anything else. I've been like this for months. The team tries to help me out of it but nothing ever works.

Around 11:30pm I hear a knock on my door. I can't even muster up the words to say 'come in'. Instead I just lay there.

The door opens anyway. It's Pepper. She softly walks towards my bed.

"Hey, sweetheart." She says calmly. "I talked to Tony and Natasha."

"Oh, yeah?" I mumble. She sits on the edge of my bed behind me and rubs my arm. "Okoye said they can take you in a couple of days."

I roll over to face her.

I feel something another presence. I pause with furrowed brows. She gives me a confused look back. I sit up and look around the room but don't see anyone else.

I look back to pepper with my glowing red eyes. I hear a heart beat. I sot up and look at her.

"You're pregnant." I say, some what shocked.

She inhales sharply before letting a smile reach her lips. "Yeah," She breaths out. "Tony doesn't know yet."

I nod with a quiet smile.

"So, Wakanda." I say. "They're sure I'm not putting anyone at risk there?"

"As far as we know, you should be alright there." Pepper tells me.

I nod. "Bucky stayed in Wakanda after everything with the accords, right?" I ask as I think.

Pepper nods. "Mhm. Yeah, I think so."

I pause. "And they were able to ice him there... r-right?"

She tilts her head. "Y/n..." She lets out, realizing what I'm thinking. "You want to be put in the ice." She says.

At first I don't say anything. My eyes get teary and I slowly nod.

"I don't want to live like this anymore." I breathe shakily as tears fall down my cheeks.

"Oh, Y/n/n." She cries and pulls me into a hug.

"At least this way nothing is permanent." I say through tears.

She exhales a sigh and pulls away, She wipes away one of my stray tears and tucks hair behind my ear.

"I'll talk to Tony."

•   •   •

I know this chapter is pretty dark, but I wanted it to be real. If any of you reading this ever need to talk, please reach out. You can private message me, or talk to a friend/ trusted adult. None of you are alone, I promise.❤️
Thank you for reading!

**********