(15)Snap

Tony created his own nano-tech gauntlet to hold all six stones. They place the glove in some kind of anti-gravity case.

"All right, the glove's ready." Rocket say. "Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?"

"I'll do it." Thor says quietly as he starts to walk towards us.

"Excuse me?" Tony says.

"It's okay." Thor says.

"No, no, no, no." Tony shakes his head and blocks him from getting too close.

"Thor, slow down." I say, holding his arm.

"Wait, wait. Thor." Steve says, all of our voices overlapping.

"We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." Steve says.

"I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor scoffs.

"We should at least discuss it." I tell him.

"Look, sitting here, staring at the thing is not gonna being everybody back." Thor takes a deep breath. "I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty." He explains.

"Normally, you're right." Tony says.

"No, it is. It's my duty." Their voices overlap and Tony steps closer to Thor.

"Buddy," Tony tries to calm him down.

"Just let me." Thor argues. He pauses and his voice goes soft and sad. "Just let me do it."

"Just let me do something good. Something right." He pleads.

"Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you, you're in no condition." Tony says.

"What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor says.

"Cheek Whiz?" Rhodey lets out.

"Like, a lot of powdered sugar, probably." I say quietly.

"Lightning." Thor corrects.

Tony pats his shoulder and nods. "Right."

"Lightning won't help you, pal." Banner speaks up. "It's gotta be me."

I sigh as Banner walks closer to the gauntlet.

"You saw what those stones did to Thanos. They almost killed him. None of you could survive." Bruce says.

"How do we know you will?" Steve asks.

"We don't." Bruce answers. "But the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like... I was made for this."

"You're sure, Bruce?" I ask. "Cause there's no going back."

He gives me a silent nod.

He picks up the gauntlet and stares at the stones.

"Good to go, yeah?" Tony asks.

"Let's do it." Bruce answers.

"Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago, you're just bringing them back to now, today." Tony says. "Don't change anything from the last five years."

"Got it." Bruce nods.

The rest of us stand around in our suits. Steve stands with his shield ready. Next to him is Scott, who activates his helmet: Then Rhodey, who stands tall in his clunky suit, next to me with balls of magic circling my palms. Then there's Thor who keeps Rocket shielded behind him. Finally, Tony activates his nano-suit and holds a transparent blue shield in front of Clint who stands with his bow and arrow.

"Friday, do me a favour and activate Barn Door Protocall, will ya?" Tony says.

"Yes, boss." She replies.

Doors close everywhere as the windows and the glass room gets covered by metal gates. I look over at Tony. He nods and I return it.

I cross my arms over each other, closed my eyes and concentrating. When I bring my arms apart, a thick, red shield of my magic form around Bruce as he stands in the centre of us all.

"Everybody comes home." He says and began to slip on the gauntlet. It adapts to the size of Bruce's hand. As it tightens, the energy from the stones shoots through Bruce's arm. He groans and falls to one knee. The energy travels up his arm, to his shoulder and even goes to his chest.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor shouts.

"No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?" Steve asks.

Bruce groans and the gauntlet zaps.

"Talk to me, Banner." Tony says.

"I'm okay." He lets out. He breathes heavy and his arm begins steaming. He lets out groans that turn into yells. He brings his hand up and struggles as the power burns through him, until...

Snap.

The gauntlet slips off of Bruce's hand as he falls to the ground.

I drop the shield and we all rush to Bruce.

"Bruce!" Steve exclaims.

I lean down next to his burning arm and use my power to push away the sizzling gauntlet.

"Don't move him." Tony says.

I hover my hand over his arm and my magic closes and cools any open burns or gashes. The 'Barn Doors' open and sunlight comes back in.

"Did it work?" Bruce asks.

"We're not sure. It's okay." Thor says, patting Banner's arm.

I stand up and look around. I hear a phone buzzing. Clint's. As him and I walk over to the table, I feel weird. My connection to others feels stronger but my senses are telling me something I can't decipher.

Clint looks at the phone.

'Incoming call from Laura.'

He lets out a shaky breath before answering.

"Honey." He says weakly. "Clint?" I hear on the other line.

I cover my mouth with my hand and my eyes go wide. It really worked. I turn to look around at everyone.

"Guys." Scott whispers from his stance in front of the window. "I think it worked."

"Hey, has anyone seen Nebula?" I say.

The room suddenly gets dark. I look up at the skylight and catch a glimpse of a massive ship, but soon after, I hear an enormous crash and begin to fall through the floor.

I hit walls that are crumbling, I smash my head on block of concrete and can't catch myself, until I hit another surface and go out-cold.

•   •   •