(19)Goodbye

After most of the guests had left, I wandered back into the house on my own. I picked up Tony's old helmet and brought it up into the spare room that I once stayed in.

Sitting on the bed, I try to figure it out.

Not long after I hear a knock at the door.

"Mhm?" I humm.

The door opens. Peter. He says hello and closes the door behind him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me as he sits next to me.

I hand him the helmet.

"Can't figure it out." I say.

"Figure what out?" He says, examining the helmet.

I hesitate. As far as I know nobody has seen the video diaries Tony and I taped on the ship years ago. I'm not sure if I want anyone to see them, and I know Peter hasn't. Maybe this will help us find closure or something after everything we've been through.

"Well, um... you remember how I told you that after you guys disappeared, Tony and I got stuck- stranded on the ship?" I ask.

"Yeah, for three weeks." Peter nods.

"That," I point to the helmet. "Is how we said our goodbyes." I confess to him.

"We recorded messages in it hopes that it would get back here. That way people would know what happened to us." I say quietly.

Peter seems shocked.

"I guess, I was just hoping to see us together again." I say. "But it's whatever." I scoff with a forced smile.

"Let me." He says.

"No, Peter. Really it's fine." I say.

"Seriously, I can figure it out."

"Peter, baby. I'm sure you can, but really." I say. "You are not going to want to see us like that." I tell him.

He looks confused.

"Okay? We hadn't eaten in days, I'd just been stabbed and didn't have the proper care. It's bad." I say. He pauses for a beat.

"You know I'm going to watch it anyway." Peter says. I sigh. "Unless you really don't want me to."

I look in his eyes. They hold sadness, and sympathy.

"Alright." I mumble.

He fiddles around with it for a second before another hologram shows up.

The one we used to say goodbye.

{"This thing on?" He sighs and taps it.

"Hey, Miss Pots... Pep." He leans back. "If you find this recording, don't post it on social media it's gonna be a real tear jerker." He pauses.

"I don't know if you're ever gonna see these... I don't even know if you're still... God, I hope so." His voice is quiet and grumbly.

"Today is day... twenty-one? No... uh, twenty-two. You know, if it wasn't for the existential terror of staring into the literal void of space I'd say we're feeling better today." He sighs.

"Y/n/n's infection has almost run it's course, thanks to the blue-meanie back there." He pauses again.}

Peter inhals deeply.

{"Y/n/n she... she's keeping me going." He says. "God, you would've hated to see her in so much pain. She cried for days- Not around us, of course. She would go to another room and come back pretending she was fine so that we didn't worry." He thinks back quietly.}