Chapter 3: Diagon Alley

"Aw you guys didn't even realize you were holding hands." teased Hermione. 

"Shut up Hermione." I said, my cheeks heating up. 

"Come on! I'm just playing around!" she laughed as we tried to push through people to get to our shop. 

It was way too crowded, we couldn't even walk 2 steps without losing someone.

"Guys we need to split up. We're never going to get our things at this pace." said Ron.

"Ron's right." I said. "I'll go with Hermione and Harry you go with Ron."

We went our separate ways and spent hours looking for all our books. We were almost done when Hermione ran to a shop of quills telling me to wait outside. 

"I'll only take a minute I promise."

I groaned. "Hurry!" 

I was waiting for what seemed like forever before I decided to head in. But just before I was about to, someone called my name. 

"Ginny? Is that you?" asked an extremely familiar voice. It was Cho walking over to me with her long black hair out and her face clean from any make up. I get why Harry liked her. She was way prettier than me and really smart too but come on... I'm-I'm pretty great too? Right?

 Wait- we're not even friends. Why is she talking to me?

"Um hey Cho."

"Ginny, you look beautiful today. It's so nice to see a familiar face! How's everything?" she said. I looked like complete shit. What a bitch, how can she be so nice? I smiled to be polite. 

"Oh yeah everything's great, thanks." I replied.

"I feel - a little embarrassed asking this but... you're friends with Harry right?" she asked.

??????? what. 

"Yeah, we're friends." I said still confused.

"And it's nothing more than friends right?" she asked.

HA I WISH SISTER !

"What? No, of course not." I said laughing.

"Good, because if you try to turn it into anything else, I'll make sure you it's the last thing you ever do." she said coldly.

------------------ needle scratching noise. 

Okay, so maybe it didn't go exactly like that. 

........................... 

"Yeah, we're friends." I said still confused.

"It's nothing more than friends right?" she asked.

"What? No, of course not." I said laughing.

"That's great to hear. I really like him and I just wanted to know if he was seeing anyone or not. And I definitely didn't want to overstep on anything if you guys were together. Thanks a lot, see you soon Ginny!" she smiled and went her own way. 

My heart dropped. Well nice going Ginny whatever chance you had with Harry just blew up in your face.

I mean she was perfectly nice, I shouldn't hate her this much. But also I would love if she didn't exist right now. 

 "Ginny? Are you alright?" asked a voice behind me.

I turned around to see Hermione with a shopping bag.

"Um yeah, I'm fine. What took you so long?" I asked casually.

"Oh I'm sorry, they were having some sort of sale and it was crazy inside." Hermione responded while looking around.