Chapter 28: Finding Snape.

"What?" asked Dumbledore. 

"Sir Severus Snape. I don't know how but maybe he stopped Voldemort?" I realized my theory was crazy! But it might be crazy enough to be right. I had zero ideas and that was all we needed. One little step that could help us.

"Wait, Professor do you know why we're going back and front in time?" asked Hermione.

"That's simple. It senses you are trying to look for it. So it must test you first."

Hermione rummaged through her bag until she found the same book. She flippeD through the pages and looked guilty.

"YUP HM SO um turns out it does give a bit of a warning."

"Hermione!" we all say.

"Sorry!" she squeaked.

I took the book and started reading the tiny words. It would be hard to spot this, it's in the very bottom corner. 

"Please be warned. Danger will arise to any of those who attempt to search for the ring. Side effects for looking for the ring may include: random time travelling, injuries and possibly death: OTHERS may be possible." I spoke. 

"Side effects?" asked Ron. 

"Yes. You children are in danger. In danger of being trapped in a future or past that isn't yours. We must find Headmaster Snape right away." 

"Headmaster?!" 

"Of course! I retired about a year ago, someone had to take my place. He offered and I accepted. He's a brilliant man." 

"Are you sure we're talking about the same Snape?" asked Harry.

"There's only one way to find out." said Ron. 

Dumbledore held both arms out for us to hold which Harry and Ron grabbed. I held Harry's hand as Hermione slipped her into Ron's. In a flash, we apparated to Hogwarts. It still looked exactly the same. We walked past students who were whispering. Hermione's cheeks flushes when an older boy (seventh year maybe?) wolf whistled at her and Ron looking enraged. We finally went to the gargoyles. Professor Dumbledore whispered the password I guess and it opened. 

"Professor Dumbledore! How great to see you again! And I see you've brought guests! Wonderful! Come in, come in!" said a cheerful voice. We all stared at each other. Was that really Snape? Why was he so happy?

We slowly trailed behind Dumbledore trying to absorb our surroundings. It didn't look dark or deadly and the moment I saw Snape face I was pretty sure I was hallucinating. He was smiling.  Who would've ever thought that Severus Snape could find a way to open his jet black heart? Or maybe someone else did?

"Children! It's been too long! You must come visit me more often. Tea?"

"Sure." I said Harry looking anxiously at me. Did he poison the tea?

Snape sat behind the large wooden desk as we cautiously took a seat beside each other.

"So Severus we have a question for you about Tom Riddle. I don't quite understand what happened so children you may ask what you wish."

Professor Snape looked encouragingly at us while bringing us teacups from the other side of the room.

"Erh well we wanted to know what happened to Voldemort?"

CRASH. The teacups all fell with a great shatter as Snape's face twitched.

"Oh my." He said waving his wand and mending all the teacups back together with a wave of his wand and sitting back down.