Chapter 8: The Mistake

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the 1k reads! So, thanks :)

"Dean?" I asked.

"Why'd you blow me off yesterday? Oh wait, it was to hang out with Malfoy." said Dean.

"Dean, I'm so sor- wait how do you know that?" I asked.

"After you never came, I came back to the common room. Only to see you snogging Malfoy. And late at night, you did the same with Potter. Are you serious? You might as well have gone to every other boy sitting in the Great Hall. " said Dean scoffing.

Hermione, Sam, Aaliyah, Harry and Ron all got up.

"Hey don't talk to her that way!" shouted Aaliyah.

"Oh you're so pathetic Dean!" yelled Sam.

Ron, Harry and Hermione just looked at him like they wanted to stab him.

"Can we talk alone please?" I said getting up.

No one but me heard Dean. And you did the same with Potter. What did he mean?

I grabbed him and took him outside the Great Hall.

I took my wand and pointed it at him.

"What the hell are you saying Dean?" I asked fiercely.

He put his hands up.

"Look, I'm sorry for calling you that. I was just hurt and I thought you liked me." he sighed looking down at his shoes. 

"No, I mean what did you mean when you said And you did the same with Potter." I said annoyed.

He looked confused.

"You don't remember?" he asked.

"Remember what? Dean, if you actually saw us, you would know that I didn't know what was going on! I was completely wasted which was a big mistake."

He looked at me as if I just killed someone.

"So you don't like him? It was a mistake?" he questioned.

"What was a mistake?!" I asked confused.

"I'm so sorry for assuming that you- I just thought- you and Harry- but I was wrong."

"Whoa, slow down." I said.

"You seriously don't remember anything? You and Harry kissed! I thought you might have feelings for him." said Dean.

"We did WHAT?" 

"Well you kissed his cheek. And I assumed it just went further from there." 

"You should've came to me first."

"You're right, I'm sorry."

"Wait, you didn't see us in the morning right?" I asked worried.

"No."

"Oh!" I said relieved."Anyways he's one of my best friends and frankly Dean you're really immature for acting like this. I don't owe you anything I never said I would be your girlfriend!" I said laughing.

"I know. I truly apologize - it just sucked seeing you with two guys in one day after you told me you would go out with me. Do you- do you think we could try it again?" he asked hopefully. 

I sighed. "I suppose, but I swear any more of this nonsense I won't hesitate hexing you Thomas." I grinned. "Let's go to Hogsmeade right after lunch." 

I figured the sooner I went out with him, the sooner I would get over Harry, 

He went to go sit with Seamus and his other friends and I took a seat beside Harry again.