09.

I noticed there are more than 10 regular readers but y'all don't vote????  :'(

-one week later-

Practicing shooting is what I do all day. And I've gotten better at it. 

I feel like I'm trapped here. I can't go back home, neither can I leave this place, as much as I want to run away from here. 

I talked to Jaehyeon, all right. But I told her not to worry about me. She told me that my dad has been missing since the day...well, kidnap is not the right word anymore...so maybe, left. 

I don't have a home anymore to miss. So I guess, staying here is all I can do. 

"Luna" Jungwon called. "you seem lost. Everything okay?" 

"yeah," I smiled at him. 

They started caring about me. We aren't enemies anymore, except when Ni-ki won't let me play on his Nintendo. That kid is a real pain in the ass. 

We finished our meals and the place was cleared.

"who cooks here?" I asked, licking my fingers. "it's amazing"

"the cook" Sunghoon replied. "but sometimes Jay hyung"

"really? I'd like to taste his food sometime" 

"yeah, his food is awesome" Heeseung stated. Jay simply scrolled through his phone, unbothered. 

We continued practicing until dusk. 

"I think you should learn how use the bigger ones as well" Jay said. He rummaged through the gun shed. We were the only ones there and the rest of the boys had left, saying they were tired. 

Jay took out a bigger gun and held it up. 

"that's big" I remarked. 

"mhm" Jay said. "very important though. Can kill you in one shot." 

He gave me the gun to hold. The gun almost fell from my hand because of its weight. It ended up hitting my thumb. "Ouch" I mumbled, caressing my finger.

But of course, Jay didn't mind. He continued telling me about the gun, how it is used and all. 

Then he told me to hold the gun upright. With much effort, I held the gun up, towards the shooting area. 

"Not like that" Jay said. Then he came behind me and held the gun through my hand, our bodies dangerously close. He talked in my ear, with his breath hitting on my neck. I could hear my heartbeat through my ears. I gulped hard. The gun almost slipped from my hand, but I managed to hold it. 

"Did you understand?" He asked. 

"Y-yes" I managed to say, even though I didn't listen a word he said. 

"Shoot" he said, moving away from me. 

I just did what my intuition said and pressed the trigger button. The bullet went and hit the dart board, and almost hit the bullseye. I cursed in my head. 

I felt like, at this point, I practised not to kill people, but to impress Jay. The eff was happening to me? 

"Nice job" Jay smiled. That was the first time I saw him smile. He should do it often, it looks good on him. 

"Thanks" I said. "That's it for today" he said, taking the gun from my hand. "You look tired" 

Tired of you making my heart race. 

Did I just-?

Whatever. 

Jay locked the door of the gun shed and walked towards the house. I followed behind him. We reached and saw the boys running away from the door. Were they spying on us? 

We entered the living room and saw them sitting on the sofas, trying hard not to smile. They noticed me and Jay and started fake coughing, all at the same time. 

"All of you caught cold at the same time?" Jay asked, unbothered, as if he knew already knew what they were doing. But I didn't. 

"Y'all are weird" I said and walked away. I went to my room and plopped on the bed. 

I sighed. I stared at the ceiling. Then I suddenly remembered that scene in the gun shed, when Jay was teaching me to hold the gun properly. 

My face started to burn up. 

I slapped myself, in order to come out of my daydream. "Snap out of it" I said to myself. I got up and walked to the washroom. 

I slapped my face with cold water several times. I looked at the mirror. A different Park Luna looked back. All the dark circles were gone. She looked prettier and...happier. There was a sort of glow in her face that I definitely didn't have. 

Was that really me? Was I really happy here? I blinked several times and rubbed my eyes. Yet, the glowing Luna didn't disappear. 

I sighed. "I guess I'm just too tired" I mumbled. 

I came out of the washroom, wiping my face. I threw myself on the bed again. My eyes started feeling heavy and I closed them for a while. 'For a while' could also mean thirty minutes. 

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in" I said. 

The door opened and revealed Jay. I sat up on the bed. 

"Are you tired?" Asked Jay. 

"No, why?" 

He sat on the edge of the bed and stared at me for a while. "We found your dad's whereabouts" he finally said. "And we have to go there tomorrow" 

"Oh" I said. 

"You think you'll be okay?" He asked, in a soothing voice.

"I think so" I said, uncertainly. 

Jay hummed. "Okay then, make sure you get enough rest" he said. "You'll need your body to cope up with you tomorrow" 

I nodded. He got up and went towards the door. 

"Oh and, dinner's ready" he said. "I made it" 

_________________________________________________________

JAY SAYS TO VOTE.