15.

"shocked, my love?" 

I stared at Yeonjun as tears started forming in my eyes. Everything went blur for a second before Jay took a step forward, shielding me behind himself. I blinked back the tears. 

This is not the time to break down, Luna.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't break your neck," Jay said, taking his own gun out.

 Just then, I heard footsteps approaching. The familiar clicking of heels started getting closer until I was staring at my dad. 

Then more men in black started pouring in. 

"fifteen against two? sweet," Yeonjun smiled crookedly. Before we even had time to react, they encircled me and Jay, separating us. The men disarmed the two of us and tightened their hands on our wrists, bringing them behind our backs. It's always weaker when you're divided, my dad used to say. Great dad. Because: shit. 

"You said you wanted your pen drive back! Take it and let us go!" Jay said, trying to escape from the grip of some big, nasty men. 

"Not so fast, kid," my dad said, crossing his arms across his chest like he was enjoying some soccer game. 

"What do you want?!" I shouted, struggling to get away from a man's grasp. But it was all useless. The man's grip was way too tight for the little energy that I had left. Where does my dad even get such people from?

"I've told this before too, Park Jongseong," my dad started. "I'm no fool. I know you have called the cops"

 "Jay..." I quietly said, staring at him. He is going to get us fucking killed. My dad is the kind of person that doesn't let go until he gets what he wants. And if doesn't...

"You won't achieve anything by killing us; the cops must be here anytime. They'll arrest you for your disgusting business and for murdering us," Jay struggled. I have seen Jay being strong and all, and I know he really is. The man behind Jay must have been really strong because his face went red from trying so hard to escape from the man's hold.

"Might as well kill you," my dad said. "Right, Yeonjun?" 

Yeonjun, who was standing beside my dad quite all along, looked startled at the sudden gesture of my dad. "Y-yes, sir"

"Yeonjun, what's wrong with you?" I asked him, gaining everyone's attention towards me. "This isn't you"

"This is him, Luna," Jay spoke up. "You haven't seen his real face"

"What are you talking about?"

"Yeonjun, won't you tell her your real identity?" 

Everyone's gaze went towards Yeonjun. Yeonjun looked flattered at everyone's hasty attention. He struggled to look straight, maybe even think straight. The image of Yeonjun back at the graduation party popped into my head. I suddenly remembered how he was too nervous when I held his hand to say goodbye. 

That's it. He has social anxiety. Why didn't I think of this before? 

"Hmm?" Jay pushed at Yeonjun, who still hadn't responded. 

The guard's grip suddenly felt loose. I turned to look at jay. He was staring at Yeonjun, but his hands were secretly digging in his pockets where he kept his spare pocket knife. He's trying to distract them.

Run, the voice in my head said. It's now or never. I know I should've gotten the gist but I could barely move. Not only from the weakness but also because I wanted to know the truth about Yeonjun. 

"He killed my parents, Luna," Jay said when Yeonjun didn't respond. "He's the reason why I'm even here, because he fucking works for your dad, for money"

"Enough!" Yeonjun roared. "Kill them!"

Too late to run. Fight or die fighting, cause I hate losing.

Before the man could get hold of me again, I escaped from his grip and punched him in the face. But he was quick to react. He grabbed my hair and slammed me on a hard surface. Nausea started trickling inside my head. I clasped my hands at my head and groaned as I fell on my knees.

"Luna!' I heard Jay's voice, but it felt so far away. I could hear him shouting and fighting for his life. 

suddenly, I heard a gunshot. 

Dread started bubbling inside me. Jay didn't have his gun on him. What if...?

"No," I muttered to myself as I tried to stand on my feet. "No no no no"

Then I saw him. 

He lied on the ground, lifeless, as blood trickled from the side of his body. Nausea hit me again. I produced my feet to run to him, but then suddenly, I felt a hand grab my neck. 

I turned to see Yeonjun holding a knife in front of my face.

I screamed as I felt the blade penetrate inside my stomach.