ch 25

Yes we're finally getting Enzo's Povvvvvv!!!

Ik this is not the time to be celebrating, while my babies are hurting so I'll just get on with it.

Enzo Toun

"Fuck!" I yelled, glaring fiercely at the concrete. Liam just told me he loves me, and I stood there like an idiot, allowed him to tear and drive off. I've never seen him tear or heard his voice crack when he talks, and frankly, I don't want to see him cry or hear his voice crack again.

He trusted me. He opened up to me about sensitive things he's not told many people. Despite this, all I did was hurt him. Which is exactly what he was terrified of in the first place. Months of effort ,getting him to warm up to me, joke about, and be his genuine self with me. 

All of my progress had vanished because I couldn't articulate what I'd known for a long time. I was just too stunned to say anything, but the words were there and I knew I meant them.

"Enz, you good bro?" 

"Who was that?" 

When I turned around, I saw Conner and Andy standing there, with Amelia behind them. 

"I just need to be alone," I muttered as I moved passed them, pulling my hair back into a bun because it was irritating but at this point even the birds chirping which I usually enjoyed was irritating. 

"Are you still coming down tonight?" Conner questioned, and I simply shook my head before walking to my car, getting in, and driving away.

When I arrived at my flat, I dropped down on my bed and draped my arm over my face. 

Should I have gone after him instead of coming here? 

Maybe I should just call him? No, it's probably best to talk about these things in person.

 I seriously screwed up something so basic, and the outcome would have been drastically different if I hadn't been so easily stunned. I really wasn't expecting him to feel the same way, especially after that night at the hill, which I still haven't adequately apologized to him for.

If I had simply stopped myself that night, things wouldn't have been so bungled, and maybe we'd still be on good terms. To say I missed him would be an understatement, and the number of drunken calls and voicemails I'd have left him if it hadn't been for Madi would almost certainly be too many to count.

 Not only did I miss him, but I also missed Alexis. I missed spending time with all of them, even Zach and Zaria. It was amazing to be included in a house full of life and love rather than my quiet, cold apartment.

I remembered the days I'd spent with him. Our nice calls, and texts. Most importantly, the day I met Alexis was one of the happiest days I'd had in a long time. With me bearing a genuine. happy smile the whole time.

 I miss him. I miss his teasing and sarcastic yet playful humor. Alexis, with her exuberant energy and broad smile, too. 

Whenever I  was watching them when they were laughing or talking. The way she always looked up at him for an answer when she didn't have one, with an adoring gaze made my heart hurt little. Not because I was envious or anything, 

but because I so desperately wanted to be a part of that.

I'd like to be a part of it.

 I took a glance at the green beaded bracelet on my wrist. "Ughhh," I muttered as I dragged myself up from the couch and walked to the kitchen. 

Maybe I should just leave him a voicemail asking to talk. Would that come across as desperate? But, to be honest, I am desperate.

 To see his smile once more. 

Sure, I'm pretty pitiful given it was all my fault to begin with and he's the one who suffered the most. I seem selfish in asking him to forgive and trust me again. Maybe he already realized how much of a jerk I am and how much better he can do.

But, If he could bring himself over to make amends then so would I. I'm not sure if I should give him some time and space first. But then again, he'd just be in pain over something he shouldn't be, and there's no reason to stretch this out any longer than necessary. 

I'll go over there if he's ready and willing. We'll clear up any misunderstandings between us and see where things go from there.

My doorbell rang just as I reached for my phone and keys from the counter. I slammed the door open, irritated that someone had dared to disturb the moment my common sense had finally kicked in. Only to find Zach standing there, angry at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked politely, but I was in a rush, and then it hit me. Knowing how close they are, Liam must have told him.

Of course he did.  "Yea. I'd like to know why you did whatever the fuck that was?" he demanded.

 "Look, I was about to go see Liam to straighten things out," I explained getting impatient. 

"Set things straight how?" He asked. I could hear the protectiveness in his tone. 

"To tell him how I honestly feel," I replied almost gritting my teeth.

 "And how is that?" I get that he's simply watching out for Liam and being a good friend, but now isn't the time for FBI interrogations. 

"Can I just go tell him that I love him?" 

Zach's eyes widened and he gave a small nod. "Just don't hurt him again, he's been through enough as it is," he whispered quietly as he walked away, patting my back.

"I won't," I yelled down the hall before running in to get my belongings and quickly followed down the hall. 

As I was leaving, I noticed him driving away and he came to a stop next to me. "Tell Liam I'll pick Alexis up today. And for both your sakes. Don't fuck this up....more"  He said, and I nodded as I got into my car.

My stomach was twisting and whirling in all ways as I arrived at Liam's door. It wasn't the same fluffy sensation I experienced when I looked at him; this seemed more anxious and nerve-wracking in a bad way. I raised my fist knocking on the door.

 "Just come in, gosh. I won't murder you "Liam called from inside. I slowly walked in and peered into the living room. "Please tell me you brought me ice cream," he continued, his attention fixed on the television. He probably mistook me for Zach or something.

"Sorry. I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't stop by the store "I said, realizing it was a very clumsy attempt to defuse the tension between us. 

He turned around so quickly that I barely saw it. As he noticed me standing behind the sofa, his look changed to a combination of surprise, despair, and a slew of other emotions that I wish I could decipher, behind the glass layer of tears that made my heart clench. "Sorry I thought it was Zaria" he mumbled.

He didn't try push me out.

"I- Can we talk, Liam?" I asked, somewhat hesitantly. 

"Is there anything to talk about?" He asked coldly reminding me of when we first met. He hadn't spoken to me in such a long time that it stung to hear it now. 

"A lot. but you don't have to speak if you don't want to. Just please listen to what I have to say" I pleaded. 

He stood up and walked towards me without saying anything until he was past me and at the door . "Fine, but only if you drive me somewhere first" he sighed and I immediately agreed nodding eagerly. Without a second thought, following him out of the door.

A/N 

Soooooo.

What do you think of the story so far?

And this chapter or past few chapters specifically?

Also I want to hear your theories on what is going to happen next between them.