Ch 45

Liam Moonhovan

The alarm blared for what seemed like the hundredth time and Enzo snoozed it again making me groan. "We need to get up" I said, despite me burying myself closer to him.

"I don't wanna" Enzo mumbled burying his head farther in my back. 

That's when it hit me and I shot out of bed. "Shit Alexis opens school today" I said sliding out of bed ad Enzo yawned sitting up.

"Huh? I thought you said she was still on break until next week" Enzo asked sleepily. 

"Yea. I said that a week ago" I groaned. "Can you please wake her up?" I shouted rushing into the bathroom, after getting a lazy hum from Enzo as he slid out of bed.

Once I  was ready I made sure Alexis was showered, and packed all her books. "Enzo will you please get her to wear her shoes?" I asked pointing to the black sneakers. If anything would be the death of me it would be my child's hate for shoes, especially on the first day of school.

"Wow. all that has really changed since last year is that instead of you chasing after her with shoes. You got your boyfriend doing it" Zach chuckled walking in.

"Are you going to make this a thing every year?" I asked sarcastically as I walked into the kitchen to pack her lunch.

"If you make being late on her first day a thing. I can do what I want" Zach laughed as Enzo came in with Alexis, both of them excitedly greeting him. He joined us for breakfast but left before we did, saying he needed to get to the office early.

We soon got settled in the car, Alexis in the back, me in the passengers, and Enzo driving. When we arrived at the school, there was still students running in and arriving.

"Ok have a good day love" I smiled.

"Make sure to have fun" Enzo called after her with a smile as she waved us goodbye heading inside. I couldn't help the warming feeling in my heart as I saw her excitedly run up to Will greeting him with a smile.

"You know this is exact how I dropped her off at school the day we met" I chuckled turning to Enzo who raised an eyebrow a smile playing onto his face.

"Now I get to drop you both off, every day" he said as he began driving to my office. I put my hand over his glancing at the rings on our hands. I can't believe so much happened in a year, but was I glad it did.

Once we pulled in front of my office I groaned looking at the building. "I really don't wanna go today...Can we just go home and cuddle?" I asked pouting.

"As much as I'd love that. You have to go to work" Enzo chuckled and leaned over, kissing my sweetly before pulling away.

I kissed him once more before opening the door and sliding out.

He looked at me through the window a smile on his face. "I love you, have a good day" he smiled.

"I love you too" I smiled and sighed walking into the building as he drove away.
.
.
.
.

"Wow. I'm glad you two had such great first days" Enzo said sarcastically as he out his keys down. I was exhausted from work, and Alexis was really not happy with the first day of school homework. So each of us took the ride home to complain.

"Ok, but in all fairness, it was hell" I sighed, taking off my shoes. "Ya. My new teacher is so mean" Alexis said dropping her blue bag pack on the ground, and taking off her shoes.

Enzo smiled at both of us. "I'm sure tomorrow will be better" He said setting down the car keys. I gave him a deadpan look and just collapsed on the couch to which Alexis joined me. "Ok well I take it I'm making dinner today"

"Please" I said giving him a pleading look to which he chuckled and gave me a quick kiss. 

"Of course."

We all had dinner together and Enzo was settled on the couch when I came from the kitchen. I happily walked over settling on him, with my head on his chest, and legs intertwining with his. He was quick to complain how cold they we're but gave up when he realized I wasn't going to budge. Enzo kissed my forehead and a smile played onto my face.

"I wanna cuddle too" Alexis said climbing on me. Enzo chuckled and kissed her forehead too, to which she was very pleased. I was starting to think she liked him more than me.

To say I'm over the moon would be such an understatement. I was sandwiched between the two people who made me happier than anything else, and I couldn't ask for more in this life. It made everything I've been though worth it, because this, They gave me a reason to keep going everyday. No matter how shitty, work, people, or life in general is. I always have them.

"I love you" I mumbled to both of them.

"I love you both even more" Enzo chuckled ruffling Alexis' hair.

"I love you all the mostest" Alexis exclaimed making both of us chuckled.

I'm so glad I had them. I thought building walls around myself was all I needed to do in life, to shut people out and I could be happy and never feel pain again. Even if it took some adjusting they both broke down my walks opening my eyes to the beauty of love, and true joy. My heart swelled and my face hurt from smiling which is something I never knew could happen but I was beyond glad it did.

"Babe are you ok?" Enzo asked looking over at me with a concerned look on his face. It was only then I realized I had just been staring at the wall across out bed. 

"I'm just happy I have you" I said turning to kiss him. 

He had an amused smile on his face at my sudden affection. "Are you that tired?" he chuckled softly. I nodded, burying my face in his chest as his arms wrapped around me, and chin rested lightly on my head. Making me feel secure.

I definitely wouldn't mind spending every day for the rest of my life like this.

And that's the last chapter. I honestly can't believe this book is done. It's been such a journey and roller-coaster with it, but I had a ball writing this. I'm so attached to these characters now and I love how their story turned out. Thank you all so much for the support. I appreciate it and all of you so much.

BUT Stay tuned because we have an epilogue, and a few bonus chapters coming up. I just can't let go of them yet, and I don't want to stop writing their story even if it has to come to an end.