ch 32

Enzo Toun.

I set the basket with all the ingredients down and turned to Liam completely lost, waiting for him to tell me what we needed to do next. "Oh my god you're completely helpless." I sighed and rolled his eyes as he reached into another cupboard for a cooking pot. 

"I knowwww" He laughed at me and shook his head.

"Get the pasta and come over." he said and I did just that.

We cooked together, with Liam basically showing me how to do things and then letting me do them while enjoying light conversation and cracking jokes. "Ok as that cooks we'll make the sauce" he said pointing to he basket. "Its one of the simplest kind of pasta sauce all you need is the butter, milk, and flour" he said as I pulled each ingredient out

"Now use this." he said handing me a small sauce pan. "Also, set the heat to medium." I nodded and did what he said. "Now all you have to do is melt the butter. Two table spoons should be enough." I added two table spoons to the mix. "Now whisk in the flour until the butter and flour are well blended."

"This is pretty easy," I said as I opened the flour packet. "Yeah, I learned all I know about cooking in college," he replied. I can't help but admire how amazing and well-kept he is when I remember how difficult his life was. I think I see why he built those walls around himself and how they helped him. "Well, quit dilly dallying around, the butter is nearly melted," he exclaimed, jolting me out of my thoughts

"dilly dallying?"  He rolled his eyes at me as I snickered. "I can't curse around Alexis, so I try to be careful and end up mixing  it up." He mumbled making me chuckle. I put my hands on their side of the flour bag trying to open is as you would to a bag of chips.

"That's not how you open four, Enzo." He chuckled and moved closer to me, putting his hands on mine and showing me how. Just then, I managed to open it, and it let out a puff of white powder, which shot all over the place and made a mess. I moved my gaze to Liam, who stood still, flour all over his face and clothes.

"You should have worn an apron," I snickered, trying hard not to burst out laughing. Liam, on the other hand, didn't find my joke amusing as he glared at me.

 Before I realized what was happening I felt a cloud of powder splash my face and heard Liam giggle. "Oops, it seems you have a little something on your face." He said between laughs. 

I opened my eyes, wiping the white powder from my eyes and reached for the flour bag, but he had already snatched it and stood there with a smug grin on his face. "You're such a jerk." I said, glaring at him and wiping the remainder of my face with the end of my apron.

"I'm simply a firm believer in the entire eye for an eye concept." He shrugged as he placed the flour on the counter and wiped himself down. 

"Yea, but if you're actually trying to make me fall in love with you, you're failing miserably. I recommend being nice to me." I pretended to pout. 

"And here I was thinking we were already in love," he said sarcastically. 

"We can be in love again if you kiss me." Looking across at him, I grinned. Since we confessed at the hill, we hadn't kissed or had any form of physical contact other than snuggling and hugging. If I'm being honest, it was killing me. I missed having his body against mine, I missed our night together, and I ached for that sensation again because no matter how many people I hooked up with, male, female, or non-binary, none of them were Liam.

As he laid his palm on the counter top, trapping me between them, my pulse rate increased and my gut knotted. I wanted to switch places with him and assume control, but I decided it was best to let him take the initiative. He drew closer to me till he came to a halt inches from my face.

"Your food is on fire," he said softly, amusedly, with a chuckle. 

I turned immediately to see smoke rising from the pot, and the butter in the other pan was practically gone. "you're an asshole." I muttered as he stepped aside, allowing me to turn on both of them. 

"I am?" Liam asked, his arms crossed and his head cocked. 

"Yes you are." I turned to him after turning off the burner and relaxed. "Teasing me for no reason." I stated, imitating his actions. 

"Was I?" Liam inquired, clearly trying not to chuckle at my annoyance, which just made me scowl at him even more.

"Let's tidy up this mess and call it a day." As he turned away, he suggest entirely shifting the subject. I simply nodded and started removing the scorched food from the burner. Once we had everything cleaned up we left and went back to his car. 

"Where to next" I asked looking over at him as he began driving.

"Oh, and Alexis found out I was meeting you today and insisted on seeing you too." He said that while keeping his eyes on the road, but it made my heart skip a beat. After all, who could blame me for being glad his kid liked me? It's a well-known truth that she's the most important thing in Liam's life, so I wouldn't be here if she didn't. 

"So we're going to pick her up from school?" I asked noting it wasn't long until her pick up time, and he nodded. 

"I was planning on having whatever you cooked for dinner but since that didn't go to well I was thinking we order in" I nodded in accord as he chuckled.

When we arrived at Alexis' school, she jumped into the car and greeted both of us as she sat in the back seat. Sure, I enjoy talking to children in general, but it was especially enjoyable talking to Alexis. I honestly feel she is pretty smart and strong-willed for a six-year-old, or maybe I was just a stupid six-year-old. It was nice hearing her talk about her day and seeing her interact with Liam all though the ride and dinner.

They clearly had a strong bond, and that made me envious, not only because I wanted to have that sort of bond with Liam, but also because I wanted to be a part of their small family. I've only known Liam for about eight months and Alexis for four, so it's definitely too soon to be thinking about this, but that won't stop me from playing out scenarios in my brain since this is all I want right now.

I'm not dead!! Here is a new chapter, I hope you liked their date.

I love writing about the childish side of Liam Enzo brings out and I love them all in general.

What did you think of this chapter?

or what would you like to see happen?

Thanks for the reads, comments and votes <3