Ch 35

Liam Moonhovan

When I came home, I noticed Enzo's car parked in the garage.  I felt horrible for dropping Alexis on him so abruptly. I just didn't expect to get to caught up at work but I left as soon as I could.

I dashed up the porch steps, unlocked the door, and walked inside. The lights were still turned on, and the television was still on. It was about ten pm so I expected Alexis to be asleep. As I moved over to the couch to put my belongings down, I noticed Enzo was fast sleeping. I glanced at him with the same guilty feeling; I didn't want to stir him awake, but he'd definitely get a stiff neck if he slept like that.

"Hey Enzo," I gently tapped his shoulder several times, causing him to stir and awaken somewhat. 

"Mhmm, when did you get here?" He inquired as he opened his eyes.

 "Just now. Sorry for taking so long. I hope Alexis was not too much trouble" I murmured, biting my lower lip.

"Don't apologies, she's a darling, and I enjoy hanging out with her," he said with a smile that made my heart skip a beat. I'm glad they like each other.

He yawned and pointed to the kitchen, "Oh, we ordered out and saved you some dinner, it's in the kitchen." 

"It's fine in not hungry, let's go to sleep" I said getting up. He looked at me hesitantly hesitantly a second before following and we headed up the steps.

 "Busy day huh?" He asked as we walked into my room. "Worse than usual," I grumbled as I handed him some clothing to put on before heading to the bathroom to change and prepare for bed.

"So, what did you guys do?" I inquired as I exited the bathroom and turned out the lights. 

"Oh you know frozen yoghurt, then we came here did homework, watched TV, are dinner. I put her to bed when she fell asleep watching TV "He shrugged his shoulders. I strolled over to the bed and got in with a nod. 

"goodnight" I mumbled

 "night Liam" Enzo said as he did the same and I could tell he was tired and frankly so was I. As he turned out the lights and we went to sleep, there were no more words exchanged between us.

But I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned for a bit; Enzo fell asleep almost as soon as his head touched the pillow, but I couldn't. It was almost midnight when I sat up and looked at my alarm clock. I groaned and slumped back down, forgetting for a moment that I wasn't the only one in the bed. 

"Are you having a nightmare or something?" I was slightly startled when I heard Enzo's deep sleepy voice. "You've been fidgeting so much"

"Sorry for waking you up, I didn't intend to. I just couldn't sleep" I said sheepishly feeling more guilt as if I'd  hadn't already put him through a lot today. 

He answered tiredly, "It's alright, come here." In the dim light, I crept closer to him, slipping my feet through the blanket. Enzo wrapped his arms around me pulling my body to his until they were pressed together.

He wouldn't be able to see how scarlet my face had turned from the electrifying sensation of our bodies meeting if it weren't for the darkness. As I felt his face rest on my back, my mind wandered back to our first night together. 

"You're so tense, is it something you wanna talk about?" He inquired, his deep raspy voice adding to my predicament.

 "No, just get some sleep," I murmured, my hand resting on his, which was thrown around my waist. I'm not sure what it was about his touch that drew me in. This feeling wasn't like when I wanted a nice hug; it was utterly different and unknown, but I enjoyed it.

As he fell back asleep holding me tight, I could feel his breathing on my back. "Enzo?" He hummed tiredly, sending a vibration through my body   I murmured, "I'm sorry."

 "Sorry for what?"

"For having you wait for me, and for putting up with my moodiness, and for taking care of Alexis today because I'm too paranoid to pay someone to do it, but too busy to do it myself," I said as I fiddled with his fingers.

"I already told you, Liam.  I'm not bothered by waiting for you; I don't think you're moody, and I like spending time with Alexis" I simply hummed gently, as he assured me. 

"You know what Alexis told me today?" He piqued my attention by asking. 

"What?"

"She told me. You're her hero, and she understands how hard you work for her. She aspires to be like you one day "Despite a smile on my face, I remained silent. "You know what else she told me?"

"What?"

"That you have a crush on me, and you like my hair and piercings," he chuckled, sending shivers up my spine, and I clicked my tongue in displeasure, even though I was blushing. 

"Oh shut up" I said hitting his leg slightly. "I should have learned from school not to trust kids with my secrets" I mumbled.

He continued to laugh as he stated, "Don't worry, I have a crush on you too." 

"You better," I murmured as I pulled away, causing his hands to slip off my hips. I turned around and snuggled closer to him, his arm around my waist once again. This time my head was right next to his, perhaps only a few inches away since I could feel some of his hair that was spread out on his pillow.

"Are you all right?" He inquired softly. 

"Yea, this is simply more comfortable," I murmured as I scooted lower and rested my head on his chest, his arms tightening around me as he placed his chin on my head. In his embrace, I felt safe and comfortable.

"Do you think you'll be able to sleep now?" He let out a yawn. 

"Thank you," I murmured, embarrassed at how vulnerable I felt in his presence. He moved and kissed the top of my head, which was obscured by my hair. I grinned as I burrowed deeper into his chest and warmth, eventually falling asleep.

They're so cute and I love them with all my hearttttt.