Ch 43

Enzo Toun

I awoke to the sun shining through the curtain; it had only been about midday since Liam and I had taken a nap. I looked down at Liam, who was still sleeping on my side.

I decided not to wake him up because he looked so sweet and peaceful, so I carefully slid out from under him. I put on some sweatpants and went downstairs.

He'll be hungry after that, and I'll make him something to eat. I mean, I'd spent a lot of time watching and assisting Liam in the kitchen, so this time I couldn't possibly go wrong.

So I went to work, and I was doing fine if I do say so myself. As I stood over the stove, seasoning, I felt arms wrap around my waist, causing me to jump slightly before relaxing when I turned and saw Liam pressing his face against my back.

"I was going to surprise you," I mumbled, my gaze fixed on the food this time. I could hear Liam chuckle before he said anything.

"By burning down the house?" He inquired softly.

I turned off the heat. "I think I did okay without you here to distract me. You're the reason all of my cooking fails."

"I'm not. You just suck." Liam said as he took a step back. When I turned to face him, I couldn't help but smile at the sight of him in my shirt, which was too long for him and hung down to his thighs. "Stop staring at me like that, you pervert," he scowled, chuckling softly.

I laughed at his glare and walked over to kiss him. "Well, God knows what I'll do if you keep looking like that."

"Pff- my whole lower back hurts because of you, and you think I'd let you do it again?"

"Well, technically, you did," I chuckled. "Also, how can you say no to this?" I motioned to my shirtless torso.

"Aren't you quite confident" Liam teasingly crossed his arms. "I hope your food is good as well, because I'm hungry."

"It's delicious."

We both settled on the couch a few moments later, bowls in our hands and blankets thrown around us.

"Well it's not burnt. I'll give you that" Liam chuckled as he took a bite. When I gave him an expectant look, he rolled his eyes and laughed. "Yes, Enzo, your food is delicious."

"Haha, I told you so," I said as I bit into it myself.

We soon became engrossed in mindless chit-chat about the TV show we were watching. Mostly squabbles about the show. Maybe we weren't cut out for watching romance together. Given that Liam thought everything was stupid and predictable, while I thought it was adorable.

"There was literally no point in that. She could have just told him right away "As the credits rolled on the screen, Liam sighed.

"If that had happened, the movie would not have happened." I said, while looking down at him. Liam was about to respond when his phone rang.

I turned to look at it on the table, then at him. "Are you sure you're not going to get that?"

Liam cast a sluggish glance over at it. "Who is it? If it's work just put it on silent"

I nodded and took his phone. "It's Isacc"

Liam reached for it and answered the phone, mostly nodding and humming, before hanging up and turning to face me.

"They wanted to know if I was still at home. To drop of Alexis" he sighed getting up. "Let's go, uh—get fully dressed."

I nodded in response to his actions. "Do you want me to help you up the stairs?" I teased.

Liam scoffed as I walked by. "Ha no fucking way. I'll be fine."

"If you insist," I shrugged as I trailed behind him. "Soooo-"

"No," Liam said as he ascended the stairs, not looking back at me.

"What exactly do you mean by "no"? I didn't even say anything."

"If we're talking about this morning. I don't want to discuss it "He said this as he pushed open the door to his bedroom.

"What's the harm?"

"Is there even anything to talk about?" He said this as he turned to face me.

I sat on the bed, falling back on it. "I'm not sure. Like how we can work on you communicating what you want. Like a signal so we can understand each other better"

"A signal? What do I look like? Batman?" Liam said as he sat beside me.

"It seems like a good idea to me. So you don't have to say it, and I don't have to read your mind." Liam gave me a look before getting up. "What makes you think it's not a good idea?" I asked, my gaze fixed on him.

"I do think it's a good Idea" he replied.

"Then?"

He gave me a deadpan look before shaking his head. "Nothing. We'll discuss it later. Just get dressed." He said this while pointing to the wardrobe, which contained his shirts and now a few of mine.

I walked over, selecting one and putting it on. Something on the dress caught my eye as I was about to turn around.

"Where did you get these?" In disbelief, I inquired about picking them up.

"Huh? Oh, your mother gave them to me when I dropped off some lasagna for them last week "Liam chuckled from behind me.

I sighed as I looked at the baby pictures. "Leave it to her to embarrass me," I sighed as I set them down.

"Well, I think they're absolutely adorable," Liam said as he snatched them from my grasp. "I was planning on putting them next to Alexis' baby pictures on the picture wall.  Someday."

I smiled as I turned to face him. "Did you?"

"Do-" he sighed as he was cut off by the sound of the doorbell. "It has to be them.  Let's go before you start crying"

"I was not going to cry. I said, as as I followed him out of the room.

"You totally  were" Liam exclaimed as he dashed down the stairs. With a soft smile on my lips, I looked at the picture wall. I get to be a part of it all. I could hear Alexis' laughter downstairs and Liam calling for me to come down there.

Ahhh, can I just say thank you so muchhhh for supporting this book. I didn't expect it to get this far and I absolutely love reading your comments. They make my day.

I really appreciate it, and I'll keep trying to update as soon as I can. Thank you <3