𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

March, 505 AD

"I don't wanna close my eyes, I don't wanna fall asleep,

"'Cause I'd miss you baby and I don't wanna miss a thing,

"'Cause even when I dream of you the sweetest dream would never do,

"I'd still miss you baby and I don't want to miss a thing..."

My beautiful, flawless, extraordinary, purposefully out-of-tune singing was interrupted by a sudden thud, making me glance around only to find Merlin on the ground, a defeated look on his face as he let out a groan. My eyes widened as I quickly jumped off Dallas, rushing to help him up. 

"What are you doing, Merlin?" an irritated Arthur asked with a roll of his eyes. "I must have fallen asleep," the sorcerer deduced, blinking rapidly. "Ugh, I am exhausted," he added with a sigh, not standing up despite the fact that I'd offered him my hand. I couldn't blame him – I was fatigued, too. We'd been on the road for about fifteen hours and hadn't gotten any sleep. 

Without a second thought, the Prince grabbed his canteen and splashed water all over my best friend, making me gasp. Merlin scrambled to his feet. 

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" I asked the blond with a glare. "Thank you, I feel so much better," Merlin told him sarcastically as water dripped from his hair.  "Guinevere's life is at stake. We cannot afford to waste a second," the blond reminded us sternly. The sorcerer's eyes widened in realisation and he hurried to get back on Falcon. "Well, we won't do her any good if we're sleep deprived by the time we find her," I mumbled as I climbed back on Dallas.  

With my inspiration cut and the Prince in a bad mood, we settled into a an uncomfortable silence. 

When the sun set that night, we finally decided to get a little rest (emphasis on 'little')

When the sun set that night, we finally decided to get a little rest (emphasis on 'little'). Or, rather, Arthur graciously allowed us to. No more than two hours passed before the Prince abruptly woke Merlin and I up by splashing water in both our faces. I shot up and gave him the best death glare I could muster.