𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

April, 505 AD

A knock on my door made me narrow my eyes at the wooden portal as I had to pause the episode of 'The Walking Dead' that I'd been watching on my tablet. With nothing much to keep me entertained on most days after I was done with the horses, I'd decided to re-watch the series. Well, more like the first three seasons, which were the only ones I'd downloaded onto my tablet. The show had gone downhill after that. 

"Yup?" I called out once I'd hidden the electronic device under my covers. "Astraea, can we talk?" I heard Arthur's voice on the other side. It sounded slightly shaky, which caused me to worry. But that wasn't going to deter me from giving a silly answer. I went to open the door. "Of course we can. We've both spent many years mastering the skill," I replied with a grin. 

 The Prince rolled his eyes at my response – but in my defence, he should know better than to expect anything else from me, at this point. 

"You know that is not what I meant," he scolded with a huff, letting himself into the room. I noticed that his cheeks were slightly reddened, and he was avoiding my gaze. "I knooow, but it's fun to mess with you," I replied with a smirk before moving to sit on my bed, forcing myself to turn serious. 

"Is everything okay, Art?" I asked, tilting my head at him. He sighed and moved to sit next to me. The action caused certain memories from some months prior to resurface in my mind and it was my turn to avert my gaze as I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. 

"I was just thinking–" "Oh oh." "Astra, stop it." "Sorry, I can't help myself. Go on." 

He sighed and was silent for a few seconds, seemingly gathering his thoughts. 

"After what happened with Gwen, Merlin, Lancelot...my misunderstanding of your relationship with my servant...it became clear to me that it is important to talk about things," he began speaking, his eyes constantly darting between mine and the floor as he struggled to form full sentences. 

Oh oh. I'm not sure I wanna know where this is going. Is he gonna tell me that what happened that night meant nothing to him? Is he gonna tell me that he found someone new? 

"Great job, Art-istotle. Communication is indeed an important piece of social life," I patted him on the back, shoving my dreadful thoughts aside. He narrowed his eyes at me, tilting his head. I mentally slapped myself. Darn you, brain! Stop being so cynical! "Sorry," I looked down and allowed him to continue. 

"Astraea, we have not talked about what happened between us the night you returned from Amariker," he said, his voice no longer shaky as he squared up and looked me right in the eye. My heart-rate began to accelerate and I forced out a sigh. "I know. I've been thinking about it as well," I told him in a mumble. But it just seems so easy to stay in limbo! It's easier than being rejected! The Prince shifted slightly closer to me and searched my eyes, which suddenly became too shy to move away from my Funko Pop Iron-Man on the shelf.