𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

April, 505 AD

So, uh. Camelot's unfortunate situation took a turn for the worse overnight. It's a long stupid story, but basically, Jonas approached Merlin and made him believe that he was being held by the troll against his will. I wasn't too convinced at hearing the story, however, curiosity got the best of me and I joined my friend on a late-night trek to the beast's liar in the castle's undergrounds, where we walked right into a trap. 

Literally. The troll caused a stone wall to collapse and trap us inside the small damp space.

The sorcerer and I spent the entire night stuck inside the impostor's stinky living space; and in between the panic brought on by the claustrophobia and the nauseating smell, I felt like I was going to drop dead at any point. Night eventually turned into morning. And morning turned into afternoon, when Uther was set to marry 'Lady Catrina'. 

Having long given up on life, I sat helplessly on a rock as I watched Merlin repeat the same spell over and over again in hopes of bringing down the wall of collapsed bricks that blocked our way. I had to admire his persistence.  

"Maybe it's not so bad, y'know? This could prompt Uther to make magic legal," I mumbled, desperately looking for the bright side of things while my friend ignored me in favour of concentrating on getting us out. He became increasingly frustrated with every try, though, and after a while, I decided to stop him. 

"Okay, Merls, calm down," I said as I rested my hands on his shoulders and pulled him away from the wall. "I really messed up this time, Astra," he turned to me with tears in his eyes, a sight that made my heart shatter. "We messed up. And we'll fix this. Together. Nothing's been able to defeat us yet, and that won't change now," I attempted to comfort him with a shaky speech. The sorcerer nodded. "Just...take a deep breath," I added as I moved to hug him. 

The sorcerer sighed against me and held onto me for a few seconds before dropping his arms. "It will work this time," he promised as he moved to try again with a new-found strength.  

I bit my lip in anticipation as Merlin muttered the spell once more, and wouldn't you know it, the wall came tumbling down with a loud crash. 

"Yes! That's what I'm talkin' about!" I cheered as I jumped to give him a quick high-five. We didn't waste any more time before running out of the underground maze, knowing that we had a wedding to stop. We all but stumbled up the main staircase and burst into the grand hall, which was richly decorated. 

Sadly, it was too late for us. We arrived at the scene just in time to see Uther and the troll share a kiss, sealing their marriage. My stomach dropped, and I would've thrown up if I had anything in my intestines. 

"It's not over yet," I assured my best friend in a soft whisper as I glared daggers at the concealed beast.