𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

April, 505 AD

At some point during the next day, Aredian managed to sneak away from me and somehow was able to gather three witnesses of potential magical incidents. That's by far the most he'd been able to find since he arrived, which instantly made me suspicious that he may be paying people off in order to stage accusations; or perhaps he was performing the magic tricks himself. 

Either way, he was far from clean in my book. 

He called for an audience with Uther, where I finally reunited with the man. "Dude, how dare you leave your partner behind? So rude!" I scolded as I crossed my arms. Arthur gave me a confused glance, but I did not address it. "You are not my partner, young lady," Aredian replied through gritted teeth. I tilted my head at him.

Uther entered the room shortly after, cutting our conversation short, and the Witch GPS motioned towards a woman. "Speak, do not be afraid," he said softly, sending chills up my spine. 

"I...I was drawing water from the well, Sire, when I saw them...faces in the water," a brunette explained as she trembled, "Terrible faces, like people who were drowned, screaming," she finished. I frowned at her. That sounds more like a hallucination. 

Aredian then turned towards another woman, a blonde. "Tell them what you saw," he instructed. She gulped. "A goblin dancing on the coals. It was dancing in the flames, and it spoke, Sire. My heart near stopped for fear of it," the woman recounted shakily. 

I made an exasperated face. These tricks were extremely exaggerated. No word of occurrences like these had ever reached the ears of anyone at the castle. But then this Wizard-tracker guy shows up out of nowhere and gets a ton of witnesses? Something was definitely off. 

"As you have heard, My Lord, the incident in the woods was only the beginning, hmm?" Aredian suggested smugly before gesturing towards the third and final witness, a red-head. 

"There was a sorcerer, Sire, in the square," she began. I crossed my arms as I leant back on my chair. "There were creatures jumping right out of his mouth," the woman added. "And what manner of creature?" the Witch-sniffer prompted her to continue. "Toads, Sire. Great green, slimy things as big as your fist." 

Why would anyone put themselves through that just for kicks!?

"The sorcerer laughs in your face. Even now, magic flourishes on the streets of Camelot," Aredian noted as he turned to Uther, fuelling his concerns. I rolled my eyes, eager to get out of that room and discuss the events in private with Merlin and Gaius. 

"I can scarcely believe it," the King's mouth hung open as he eyed the three women. "Yet it is the truth, My Lord. Fortunately I have utilised every facet of my craft to bring this matter to a swift resolution," the Anti-Sorcerer continued to speak.