𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

February, 506 AD

"Oh, no!" Louis's deep voice startled me. "What?" I glanced around. "Look! Smoke!" he pointed towards the castle's general direction. I blinked a couple of times, trying to get the sleepiness out of my system, and when that didn't work, I grabbed my canteen and splashed my face with water. That did the trick.

"Fork!" I exclaimed, finally seeing what the guard was seeing.

"We should run the rest of the way – are you up for it?" the brunet asked. I drew out my sword. "Heck yeah!"

As we got closer, we began to see the torn down and scorched homes of the lower town. I felt a pang in my chest, thinking about the poor people who owned them. The rage I felt only served as fuel to make me run faster.

Screaming reached our ears. Then clanging. Then a big boom.

"Lou, wait!" I reached out and grabbed the large man's arm. "We can't just show up. Cenred's men will be on top of us before we can even say hello," I said in between pants. "So what is the alternative?" Louis asked, his honey-coloured eyes showing concern. I faltered. I hadn't thought that far ahead.

I looked around, my eyes scanning the dead soldiers that littered the ground. Images of Rick Grimes and Glenn Rhee covered in zombie guts as they wandered the streets of Atlanta flashed through my mind as an idea started to form. 

"We disguise ourselves!" I smirked. "How?" Louis frowned. "We can put on these guys's armours and pretend to be part of Cenred's army to slip into the front lines," I explained. "And what do we do when Camelot's forces begin attacking us?" The middle-aged man was too old to play dress-up, it seemed. "We reveal our real identities. Duh!"

Louis was clearly unhappy with my plan, but he did not have a better idea. So we went with it.

I tried not to gag as I put on the dark breastplate that sported Cenred's coat of arms. Putting on a deadman's outfit wasn't on my bucket list, but duty called.

My plan proved fruitful as we were able to make our way past the enemy army without anyone sparing us a second glance. The complicated part of the plan came in climbing the wall and hoping we were quick enough to take off our helmets before someone on our side kicked us off or shot us with an arrow.

I turned to look at my friend as we reached the wooden ladders that were leaning against the wall. "After you, my Lady," Louis whispered. I looked back at him, concerned for his safety. He would have seconds to get over once Cenred's men noticed me being welcomed on the other side. "Do not quit on me now, kid!" he encouraged me further.

"See you on the other side, Lou." I smirked at him and quickly made my way up the ladder, confident knowing that he was right behind me. I pulled off my helmet as soon as I reached the top. An arrow flew past me, scraping past my cheek. "Hey!" I scolded Leon, who had been the one defending that particular spot.