𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

February, 506 AD

My best friend and I then agreed that it was better if Arthur didn't know of Morgana's plans, either. At least for the time being. So we came up with a cover story and told him that we'd left so suddenly because Gaius had asked us to track down a physician that was specialised in 'ailments of the mind'; and that's what had cured Uther.

"Well, you are my servant, not Gaius's. I should have you thrown in the dungeons," Arthur's head skipped over the fact that we had saved his father, and went straight to being mad at Merlin for leaving. As much as I loved him, he wasn't very bright. 

"You have not had your breakfast this morning, have you?" Merlin decided that the best way to deal with his anger was to rile him up even more. I smirked, knowing that that was my influence on him showing. "I will have you for breakfast!" Arthur yelled, throwing an object I couldn't make out at my friend.

I let out a laugh. "So that's why this place is always so messy!" 

Arthur ignored me and continue to throw things at my friend. 

"Oh, yes, I can see you have got all the makings of a great king," Merlin quipped as he continued to dodge said items. "King of the apes, maybe," I threw in. We both laughed harder. 

The Prince threw a roll of fabric and the sorcerer slipped out of the room as he ducked it. 

"I wish I had popcorn," I eyed the mess with an amused smile. Arthur glared at me. 

"I am not happy with you, either," he said. "So...should I leave before you start flinging bananas at me?" I asked, not ready to give up the joke. The glaring intensified. "Right, well, it's been fun." I stood up and went to leave. 

"Wait! Do not leave!" he cried out as his angry look was replaced with a pout. "Or what? You'll throw another tantrum? You know I'm not gonna let Merlin clean up your mess, right? In fact, I'll pay every servant to stay out of your room," I smirked. "You would not dare!" the blond protested. "Is that a challenge?" I asked, still smirking. 

He thought about it for a second. 

"Fine – I will clean it up if you stay and have breakfast with me," he proposed. I smiled, half-amused/half-touched that he was willing to clean up in exchange for spending time with me. "You've got a deal."