𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

February, 506 AD

I leant against Arthur, with my arms wrapped around his torso and one of his around my shoulders as Gaius informed us of Uther's condition. 

"What could have made him like this?" the Prince asked shakily. "I have no idea." Gaius sounded very concerned, despite his efforts to mask it. "Gaius, he was lying on the ground crying," Arthur demanded a better explanation. "Exhaustion?" the physician suggested. I narrowed my eyes at him. 

Despite not knowing the specifics, I knew there was a myriad of conditions that could be causing hallucinations, and while exhaustion was certainly a possibility, it seemed unlikely as he had been beyond exhausted many times since I'd known him and he had never experienced anything like this. 

I'd binged 'House, MD' in between visits to see my Uncle at the hospital. I know my stuff. 

 Gaius glanced at me. I had confided in him that I'd heard the King mumble 'Ygraine' at some point during his episode. But I wasn't sure if it would be wise to tell Arthur. The current look on the physician's face told me that I should. 

I cleared my throat. 

"When I found him...he mumbled a word...in between screams..." I pushed myself off the Prince just enough to look at his face. His blue eyes connected with mine. The pain in them was evident. "What?" he asked, desperate for answers. "Ygraine," I whispered. 

He sighed and pulled me close once again, resting his chin atop my head. I didn't mind being used as a teddy-bear as long as it was comforting to him. 

"He never talks about her," the Prince said softly. I twisted my head against his chest to look at Gaius's reaction, wincing when I felt the strain on my neck from the effort. "He claimed that he saw her. In the well," the physician replied. That was news to me – shocking ones, at that. 

"Did the guards see him in this state?" Arthur moved us so that he could look at my face once again. "I don't know how much they saw," I answered truthfully. "I think you are worrying too much," Gaius piped in. "If the people get to know about this..." the Prince ran a hand through his blond locks and I felt his heart rate increase. 

"We'll just say he was sick and feverish," I offered with a shrug. It seemed to be good enough for him.