Chapter twenty-four: A familiar face

Let's go lovelies, adding some spice to the next chapter between you and our favorite purple eyed witch, it will also be a very fluffy one as the next few lead up to an angsty one.

Tossing down the head of the monster I follow after Geralt and notice one of the men who was to pay us dead on the ground and I frown.

"Geralt, (Y/N), this woman just killed a man with her bare hands for trying to steal your horses."

Jaskier stammers out and I look at the woman impressed.

"Damn, you gotta teach me that then miss."

I say as Geralt chuckles at my response and Jaskier glares at me before turning back to the African women and the older gentleman with confusion.

"Uh I'm sorry, who are you, exactly?"

Jaskier asks as the older man approaches me and Geralt and he places a hand over his chest in greeting.

"I am Borch Three Jackdaws. These are my companions Téa and Véa. I have been looking for you, Geralt of Rivia."

Borch says and I look at Geralt with slight concern but shrug as I walk down, extending my hand to Borch and he shakes it.

"Pleasure to meet you as well (Y/N), warrior of Posada."

Borch says and I roll my eyes smiling at him and Geralt looks between me and Borch as I walk over to Jaskier and bop him upside the head, him whining and rubbing the spot I'd just hit.

"Ow what was that for?!"

Jaskier says as Geralt speaks with Borch and I give him a playful glare.

"For not doing anything when they tried to take our horses nitwit. I really need to teach you how to wield a sword soon or you'll be the death of yourself."

I tell him as Geralt walks over and places a hand on my waist gently, and I lean into his touch Jaskier rolling his eyes at us. Geralt and I had finally become a couple after the escapade we had with Yennefer and little touches like this were what Geralt liked doing to show it.

"Let's go then witcher, I'm sure your lady and her bard friend are quite famished."

Borch says and I chuckle, grabbing Roach and Nareas reins as we head back down the mountain with Borch, Téa and Véa. Putting the horses up in the stable next to the bar Borch takes us to and we head inside, it being crowded and Geralt reaches back and takes my hand in his so we wouldn't be separated and Borch begins to speak.

"This is a first for me, and that's saying something. I've very few firsts left, but to dine with Geralt of Rivia and his warrior companion (Y/N), your adventures are legend!"

Borch says and Jaskier smiles with pride, elbowing me in the side and I shoot him a look as Geralt leads us to a back table near the fire with Borch and I sit next to him, Téa and Véa sitting across from me and Jaksier sits by my other side.

"I suppose you'd want to know why I've sought out such accomplished monster hunters hm?"

Borch says as he sits and Geralt sits next to me.

"Don't trouble yourself on my account. I just want food"

Geralt says as Borch chuckles, and I roll my eyes at Geralt's bluntness.

"I knew I'd like you."

Borch says before turning around and getting the bar keeps attention.

"One of everything, and keep the ale coming!"

Borch says before turning back to us with a semi serious face.

"The second reason is this. A green dragon landed across the border in King Niedamir's mountains. I know what your thinking, impossible dragon's are so rare. But it's true."

Borch begins and my interest is immediately piqued, a smile dawning on my face.

"Wait, a real dragon?!"

I say barely hiding the excitement in my voice and Jaskier stifles a laugh next me and I shoot him a glare.

"I take it you like dragons then miss."

Borch says with a smile and I nod quickly, taking a cup of ale from the barmaid as she passes one to everyone and I take a sip of the sticky sweet liquid.

"They're my favorite creature to learn about. It's been a dream of mine to see one."

I say and notice Geralt softly smile at how excited I was about this topic.

"Locals spotted it and went after it in search of treasure. Of course they only succeeded in wounding the creature and angering it so righteously that it swooped down from its lair and set half a hillside ablaze. Dead sheep everywhere."

Borch continues and I frown when he mentions the dragon being hurt and I fiddle with the handle on the mug of ale.

"So I take it this is a hunt to kill this green dragon?"

I say sadly and Borch nods, heeding how sad I sounded about this, bouncing my leg anxiously.

"What does this have to do with us?"

Geralt asks him as he places a hand on my right thigh to stop my leg bouncing and I relax at his touch.

"I want you to join my team."

Borch says and my brother chuckles.

"Oh think of that Geralt, the ballad that could be written about this! Oh we are so in!"

Jaskier says and I elbow him to shut him up as Geralt sighs.

"You've wasted your breath, Borch. I don't kill dragons."

Geralt says and I nod in agreement, taking a sip of ale.

"Take my advice, no treasure is worth dying for."

Geralt says and I glance at him before focusing on Téa.

"Now then miss, before we part ways you have to show me how you snapped that guy's neck earlier."

I say and she gives me a smile as I hear Borch start explaining the other teams and I look at each before Borch finally points out the knight in the back with Yennefer and my heart quickens.

"We're in."

I say and Geralt looks at me with a concerned face as I make eye contact with Yennefer. I needed to speak to her.