Chapter thirty: Him.

WARNING: DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ABUSE AND INFERTILITY, PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN READING.

There will be a flash back in this chapter, so all the text involved in it will be bolded. Good grief, if the FBI could read my search history for how I built this chapter they'd be concerned about my health. Happy reading lovelies!

"Thank you for everything Borch. Take care of yourself and that child."

I say giving the older gentleman a hug goodbye and he chuckles at me.

"It was nothing my dear. You just keep that witcher of yours out of trouble."

Borch says letting me go and walking away, Geralt shaking his head behind me. Grabbing my bag from my hands Geralt swings it over his shoulder and I give him a frown.

"No, don't even start on this. I'm carrying it, end of story."

Geralt says sternly and I roll my eyes, fighting the smile tugging at my lips and failing miserably. Jaskier comes over to us with a smile at our exchange and he wraps an arm around my shoulders gently.

"Come on you two, let's get going before nightfall."

Jaskier says and I nod, though making our way down the mountain was much easier than making our way up it, making to town in less than a day.

"How low on supplies are we Geralt?"

I ask him as we make it to the inn for the night and he pays the innkeeper for two rooms.

"Very. We can go to the market tomorrow, get supplies then."

Geralt says and I notice his eyes darken a bit as he heads to the room and I follow after him quickly. Opening the door we head inside the room and he sets down our stuff on the table in the corner, his mind swirling with thoughts and questions.

"Geralt. What's going on in your head right now?"

I ask him quietly, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the bed, making him sit next to me on it. Letting out a heavy sigh he squeezes my hand gently before looking at me concerned.

"I want you to tell me everything about your abuser, and the extent of the damage he did to you."

Geralt says and I frown slightly at his words. Letting go of his hand I look at the ground with clenched fists.

"What brought this up?"

I ask him and he places a hand on my waist gently in comfort.

"Something Yennefer said to me made me wonder. How bad did he hurt you?"

Geralt asks me gently and I fight the panic building in my chest, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"His name was Markus."

------FLASHBACK-------

"Markus? I'm home, the monster wasn't as hard a fight as I thought it would be."

I say as I open the door to our shared home, putting my bag and blades on the table, hearing the sound of shuffling coming from the bedroom.

"Baby? You here?"

I ask as I make my way to the bedroom, opening the door and my heart breaks at the sight. Caught in the throughs of passion was my fiance and a woman in my bed.

"Markus!"

I yell, anger filling my core and he stops at my voice, untangling himself from the woman who dresses herself quickly.