Chapter twenty-five: the horror and the wild

Alright lovelies, next chapter! So in this I will be writing dialoge of lots of singing, so the voices will be marked like this:

Your voice
Jaskier's voice
Together

Hope that makes things easier! Hope you enjoy this kinda fluffy chapter!

"Oh come on sis, just one song! I need you for the duet."

Jaskier says and I sigh, taking a swig of my mead quietly before finally looking at my brother with a soft smile.

"One song. Pick a good one."

I say to him and he smiles brightly, grabbing his lute excitedly and Geralt raises an eyebrow at his excitement.

"Why's he so excited? It's just a song."

Geralt says with a frown and I chuckle at him.

"I haven't sung with him in four years, love. He's just happy I agreed."

I say as Jaskier gets together with the other musicians next to where Yennefer was sitting and I stand up, placing a kiss to geralts cheek, walking over to Jaskier as he starts playing a battle-like melody, causing those in the rowdy bar to quiet and look at the sound. Taking a deep breath I calm my nerves, letting out a loud and clear vocal run, beginning the song I knew all too well.

"You were raised by wolves and voices, every night I hear them howling deep beneath your bed. They said it all comes down to you."

Jaskier joins me in the last line, people starting to crowd around us as I feel their eyes on me.

"Your the daughter of silent watching stones, you watch the stars hurl all their fundaments, in wonderment, at you and yours forever asking more."

Jaskier sings, giving a young maiden next to us a wink and I roll my eyes at him.

"You are the space that's in-between, every page, every chord and every screen. You are the drift wood and the rift, your the words that I promise I don't mean."

Jaskier stands, playing the melody with a smile on his face and I turn my head slightly to see Yennefer staring at me and I feel my cheeks flush red, trying to focus on the next part as Jaskier turns to face me.

"We're drunk but drinking"

"Sunk but sinking"

"They thought us blind-"

"We were just blinking, and all the stones and kings of old will hear us screaming at the cold."

The band stops the music, following Jaskiers lead as he looks to the crowd, waiting on baited breath for the song to continue.

"Remeber me I ask, remember me I sing."

"Give me back my heart you wingless thing"

"Think of all the horrors that I promised you I'd bring, I promise you they'll sing of everytime you passed your fingers through my hair and called me child. Witness me old man I am the wild."

The crowd starts to move with the music, couples grabbing each other to dance in the middle of the room and I glance to Yennefer who still had her eyes trained on my figure. Jaksier passes his lute to one of the musicians and he grabs my hands, pulling me to my feet and dancing with me, a smile plastered on his face as we twirled to the music.

"You are the son of every dressing up box and I am time itself, I slow to let you play, I steal the hours and turn the night into day."

"Day by day, oh lord, three things I pray that I might understand as best I can how bold I was, could be, will be, still am- by God still am!"

"Fret not dear heart, let not them heart the muttering of all your fears, the fluttering of all your wings. Welcome to the storm, by thunder welcome to my table bring your hunger."

Jaskier is pulled away from me by a young maiden and I feel my hand be grabbed by someone and turn to see Yennefer, her smile drawing me in as she spins me around, joining me in the dance.

"Think of all the horrors that I promised you I'd bring, I promise you they'll sing of everytime you passed your fingers through my hair and called me child. Witness me old man I am the wild."

As the music plays a smile never leaves my face as Yennefer dances with me, Geralt watching from the back with a slight frown. He still didn't trust her, let alone trust her with me.

"Remember me, remember me, remember me!"

"Remember me I ask, remember me I sing."

"Think of all the horrors that I promised you I'd bring, I promise you they'll sing of everytime you passed your fingers through my hair and called me child. Witness me old man I am the-"

Jaskier works his way back to me and takes me from Yennefer, lifting me slightly as he spins me around to the center of the group dancing now. Turning my head back to her she gives me a kind smile, going back to her table with her companion.

"Think of all the horrors that I promised you I'd bring, I promise you they'll sing of everytime you passed your fingers through my hair and called me child. Witness me old man, old man, old man. I am the-"

As the music ends I smile, my chest heaving up and down as I try to calm my breathing, the crowd of people clapping and cheering for us as Jaksier bows, turning and holding out an arm, gesturing to me and I bow slightly. Working my way back through the crowd to Geralt he has a soft smile on his features that he quickly tries to hide behind a cup of ale and I chuckle, walking over and leaning against the table.

"Like the show darling?"

I say a little teasingly and he rolls his eyes at my tone before smirking, and I one quick motion he pulls me to him, causing me to land on his lap, a small squeak leaving my lips at his sudden action. Wrapping his arms around my waist he places a sweet kiss against my lips and I smile into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck. Pulling back after a moment he looks into my eyes with a smile.

"You have an amazing voice. And you dance beautifully, so of course I enjoyed it."

Geralt says and I smile, moving so I was next to him instead of on his lap now and I glance to the crowd and see Yennefer giving him a glare. What was that about?

Can I tell you something lovelies? I absolutely adore this song and album, it's so good and yes, the man singing is indeed our lovable bard Jaskier!!