Vault Track 1.13 | but would you run away with me

Caution: You have reached a Vault Track!

[Skip this chapter if you're reading the ChickLit Version of this story. Keep reading ahead if you have picked reading the Thriller Version of Call It What You Want.]

Comment here to acknowledge yourself as a Thriller Version reader 🐍

══════════════

🐍🐍🐍

Dear You,

Dear You,

I don't think I ever understood love before I met you.

The whole idea of forever and happy endings seemed like a fantasy to me. More like a maladaptive daydream people fooled themselves with. In all these years of my life, if there is one thing I have learnt, it would be how love isn't meant for me.

And no, I don't say this because of the number of times people have hurt me and left me broken. I say this because deep down, I know I don't deserve love. For some people are destined to suffer alone and I am one of them. And I was slowly making peace with that too. But the moment I saw you, everything changed.

The sound of soft bells, a perfect soundtrack to the beginning of our hopeful story. The Iced Americano in my hand, a believable chance encounter. And the way I fell in love when I saw you standing there, a dramatic love at first sight scene. Except none of that was how it really happened. Because our story began way before that.

I fell in love with you before we even met. With the idea of you. With the possibility of us. With the way you make me feel so whole.

One look at you and I knew we were always meant to be. In your version of events, you were supposed to believe this was the first time we crossed paths. But how can you be a stranger when you remind me so much of home? The home that I had to leave behind long back. But you give me hope that I'll find my lost home again. Soon.

You thought a mask could hide your face and keep you invisible. But how could I not recognise you when the only face I see in every crowd is yours? How could I not drown in your forest deep eyes when I've found myself lost in them a million times before? How could I not smile looking at you when you're the only reason I still want to be happy?

I'm not the kind to keep a diary and I know I won't keep up with writing in it but seeing you does unexplainable things to me till all I want to do is scream out to the world that you're mine. My drug, my daydream, my muse. You belong with me, even if you don't see that yet. Since I can't announce that for now, I'll pen down the words I can't say to you. Locking these secrets away in a vault of my heart. Till you come along and choose to unwrap the layers of our story, one by one.

I won't lie to you, I have had my heart broken more times than once. But you're nothing like my ex so this is bound to work, right? What could possibly go wrong?