Track 2.07 | say my name and everything just stops

🦋 + 🐍

(Oliver's Version)

(Oliver's Version)

She was present wherever he went, even when she wasn't close.

It was crazy to think how often this galaxy coloured hair barista invaded his moments of solitude. Forever in his memories, her face stuck in the back of his mind like a rainbow with all of the colours that were missing from Oliver's life. And he wondered if keeping her close would make some of her colours rub off on him too. But he could only hope.

Would it really be so difficult for someone to teach him how love actually worked?

After what happened with Anne, he wasn't so sure he knew anymore. For a moment, she made him feel like loving was being patient and caring. In all others, she made him conclude that love was having the courage to break your boundaries all at once. But Oliver's definition of love was somewhat blurry — a thin grey line that he was almost about to cross yesterday night with this barista.

But couldn't.

Because if history was any proof, it would vouch for the fact that whenever Oliver found himself happy, it took mere moments for things to turn back to sad. What he thought could be the start to something new — something beautiful — just ended up being a lesson that looked a lot like weapons. And though it broke the last thread holding Oliver's heart together, he was bleeding in silence but she'd be the last one to know.

Just because everything in his life seemed to be turning into the wrong direction didn't mean he couldn't have his favourite coffee too. Right? It could be the one thing that didn't have to leave him and go away like everyone else did.

Waking into the café he was way too accustomed to, he didn't bother to search for her this time. She doesn't matter if she doesn't want me, he kept telling himself. He couldn't decide what made him think this way — if it was his wounded ego from when she had asked him to get out or the fear that he would break her too if he stayed any closer.

So when Dio asked for his order, not being able to greet the smile he was so habituated to didn't pierce his already shattered heart. It's okay, people leave. He reminded himself. You don't have to make such a fuss about it. After all, it wasn't like Oliver was being rejected for the first time.

Ordering his iced Americano and paying with the spare coins in his pocket, Oliver couldn't help but reminisce the time Anne chose to walk out on him when—

Don't think about it. No one can know. He reminded himself, choosing to complete the thought.

When he needed her to be there the most. When he was looking forward to seeing her, probably for the first and only time they were together. But she never showed up, taking with her Oliver's faith and will to love again. Since that very day, he was convinced he would never see colours again. Then why did this barista paint Oliver's black and white life to infiltrate it so gracefully with the bewitching colours of her hair?