Track 2.11 | let me keep you company

Call It What You Want got featured by StoriesUndiscovered for the second time now. You're reading a 4x featured story!!! :')

Thank you so much for over 2K followers here! You guys are my whole freaking world. I love you all to the moon & to saturn <3

Hope you enjoy this chapter. Feel free to comment your thoughts; I love reading them *_*

🦋 + 🐍

(Priyankha's Version)

"You're beautiful either way, Pri-"

"What the fuck did you just call me?" Her eyes widened as she mentally replayed what he said — rather, was about to. As panic made its way to her again, she couldn't help but stare at her wet, sweaty palms. Sweat, that's what this was. Just that, she reminded herself.

But the elephant in the room still lived on. Not a single soul in Starlight knew her real name, yet here this man was, digging the grave of the secrets she'd buried with just one word that slipped past his lips. And if he dared to utter it fully, the tomb won't close again and the ghosts from her past would jump out at her anytime—

This is it, a thought mocked her. Your castle of lies is about to crumble. Your secrets are going to get out and you'll pay for what you did. You both will. You deserve to.

The empty coffee shop felt haunted once more when her only source of warmth — their proximity — had turned cold. She could feel the jitters begin again but she pleaded to an unknown deity, begging for mercy. She knew her body wouldn't be able to handle another panic attack today; the ones she had already were enough.

Pushing her irrational fears aside, she dared to evaluate further. How could he possibly know her name in the first place? Could he have read or heard it somewhere? Or did she blurt it out during her panic attack? There must surely be a lapse somewhere—

"I'm sorry." Oliver hung his head low. He was still sitting next to her but he felt worlds away, like he was lost in his own head. "I didn't realise that was very stereotypical of me. I swear I wasn't trying to be racist or anything similar."

Wait, what?

He ran a shaky hand through his hair and defended himself. "I'm nothing like that customer, promise. Okay, that makes me sound even worse. I'm genuinely very, very sorry and I-"

Priyankha quickly got up from the floor and pursed her lips to stop them from curling upwards. She knew she would break into a grin if she'd look at him so she decided to distract herself with work. Taking out the gas stove intended for traditional recipes, she poured some water into a pot and waited for it to boil. Her back towards Oliver, she smiled knowing her secret was still safe inside her vault.