Track 2.05 | sweet tea in the summer

Can't believe it's been a year since I first published this story. Time truly flies!

Thank you all so much for the love and support you've showered this story with. I'm beyond grateful so here's a long and a very special chapter to celebrate with you all. Hope you like it <3

🦋 + 🐍

(Priyankha's Version)

Oliver managed to save himself from the pouring rain this time by finding a shelter under the café's sign board but it hardly made any difference. Because though the rain hadn't soaked his clothes, he could feel his self respect being washed down the drain while he used all his might to push the huge doors to the coffee shop open. For the third time in the same day.

This isn't an addiction, he kept telling himself. Well, he couldn't be more wrong because he was definitely getting too dependent. On the coffee, of course.

Stomach rumbling with unease, he struggled to hold his balance whilst carrying the heavy laptop bag. His head was throbbing in reds and purples and the lights outside only made his headache worse. Until they settled on the familiar soft pinks and browns of his favourite coffee shop.

In this very moment, he was ready to admit the truth he kept denying all along. He always ended up in this coffee shop at his weakest moments and it wasn't about coffee at all. It was all for the barista who wouldn't stop invading his thoughts and fake scenarios. Each instance he found himself outside this very door, it was all for her. Every single time.

Except this one.

Taking a deep breath, he walked through the doors just like he had the very first day. Eyes closed, "Coffee." was all he could whisper when the voices in his head possessed every rational bit of courteous vocabulary. "Please." He added with a broken, struggling voice later.

"Hey, you." A familiar voice echoed but he couldn't tell if his mind was playing tricks on him or if it was for real. So he chose to ignore it until it reached his ears again. "You don't look alright. What's wrong?"

This was definitely the last person Oliver wanted to greet right now. Because he was at his worst, possibly lowest tolerance point. And it scared him to imagine that this sight of him, the real him, would make any girl run away. To be fair, he usually wouldn't mind that. But she wasn't just anyone, was she?

Sensing his ideas speeding into the wrong direction, Oliver opened his eyes to catch a glimpse of her face - as if that wouldn't make the already erratic rhythm of his heart worse. Before he could register her concerned features at once, his sight fell on the tiny, glistening diamond on her nose-ring that reflected a whole rainbow into Oliver's droopy eyes. Lowly grunting in disappointment, he had to press them shut again.