Track 2.03 | you never gave a warning sign

I've been making a lot of reels for this story on Instagram so if you want to watch them, you can find me @ dustychalks there. If you're liking this story so far, please consider voting, commenting, adding this story to your reading lists / sharing it with your friends & following me here on Wattpad. Even the smallest form of support makes the biggest difference! Thank you. Hope you enjoy reading <3

🦋 + 🐍

(Priyankha's Version)

The box had reached the café before Oliver could.

But thanks to the rush hour, it was still unopened and lying in a corner. Almost unnoticed, much like how Oliver felt on a daily basis. No, he reminded himself. He had no reason to feel this unloved today. Not after yesterday night.

As if on autopilot, his eyes scanned the room to find her - the girl who had taken his inhibitions away yesterday, even if just for a short while - but she didn't seem to be around. He spotted Dio behind the counter as he handed a paper cup to a customer and the contrast between them amused him. She always smiled while handing out orders while Dio did the exact opposite.

Maybe Dionysus wanted to look tough, judging from his poker face and Oliver was grateful his first encounter in this coffee shop was with their kind and patient barista. Because if it would have been Dio he met the day he first walked into this café, he really doubted he would've ever come back here. Not that he kept coming only for the galaxy coloured hair barista, he justified to himself. It was mostly because of how Dio brought out Oliver's worst insecurities with how seemingly perfect he was. His confidence, his grace and the way he was protectively shielding his coworker behind him right now-

Wait, his thoughts squealed, there she is!

There she was, indeed. Sitting on a stool behind the counter, hidden by Dio's muscular frame. But it made no sense why she would be seated so comfortably behind the counter during office hours instead of helping Dio and Grace by literally doing her job.

Before he could evaluate any further, she looked up towards the door almost instinctively. In a fraction, before he could look away, their eyes met and he swore his heart could melt at the way hers crinkled at his familiarity. Her smile was all he needed to feel a little more brave. So this time, instead of looking away in hesitation, he waved at her from a distance.

She waved back at him and was about to get on her feet when Dio stopped her. "Ezee, you better stay in your seat or I'm going to lecture you like a parent now."

"I'll join you, Dio." Grace turned her head to speak directly at Priyankha, her hands still busy making customisations on the billing screen.

"But-" Priyankha tried to protest. "I'm feeling better today and-"

She got up to prove her point and the sight before Oliver left him stunned. He didn't know how to possibly describe what she was wearing but the contrast of the red dupatta with her white outfit somehow described her perfectly. At least the version of her in his head. He noticed her silver bangles jingle as she nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, revealing a matching jhumka. Her nose ring shined under the overhead lights and he couldn't decipher if she had always been this pretty or if it was the first time he was noticing just how enchanting she was. Especially with that goofy grin with which she was trying to convince Dio and Grace right now.