Chapter 1 - The Magnificent

"Oh crap, I'm gonna be late!" I held the alarm clock in my hand while jumping out of bed. It read 7:45am. It was my first day of high school attending Tōō Academy which happened to be 7 minutes away... that meant I'd really have to buck it if I wanted to be on time. While sprinting towards the bathroom, I slipped on the dirty laundry scattered around my floor. Quickly I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and put on my schools uniform. After that the adrenaline had me practically teleporting downstairs to where my Mother was cooking breakfast and humming a tune carefree as a bird...

"Mom!! Why didn't you wake me up?" I complained as I jumped the flight of stairs to the first level.

My Mother glanced at me, then towards the clock hanging above the sink. "Oh wow, it's that time already." She replied in a half shocked tone, "Well hurry up, you don't want to be late to your first day of school." her tone was annoyingly sarcastic as she chuckled.

"Yeah, gee thanks." I rolled my eyes and put on my shoes. My nerves were threatening to overflow, but after taking a deep sigh I grabbed my backpack and walked out the door without a second thought, not bothering to say goodbye.

'Today is the first day of my high school life and to be honest, it's not going all that well..'
I thought to myself.

The constant sprint had me completely winded, not to mention my school being uphill, that was a real tragedy for me... So, why did I decide to go to Tōō? Well, it was the closest school to my house, I had no ulterior motives, no need for clubs, sports, or activities, it just wanted a quiet peaceful highschool life.

As soon as I got into the lobby, I located my locker and stuffed my shoes in. Since it was the first day the entrance ceremony was taking place at this very moment, luckily I had memorized where it was while touring the school. Running through the hallway probably wasn't the best move socially, more judgmental eyes stung the nape of my neck than I would've liked to admit, but ya girl was on a mission and she refused to be late on her first day.
          At last, the doors of the gym came into view, relief flooded my soul as the tension left my body. A stupidly obnoxious smile entered my face as I ran towards the entry, not a single thought was processed through my clogged brain in that moment. With the might of Thor I managed to shove open the heavy metal doors, suddenly a miscalculated error revealed itself. To my surprise, they decided to creek eerily loud, the sound echoed throughout the room for an uncomfortable amount of time. Then principal who was giving a speech, stopped and stared at me with a look of disbelief, the entire student body and staff followed his gaze.

With all the eyes on me I panicked and blurted out,
"Wow, you have really got to get some WD-40 on those hinges." the room was silent. "No? Haha... okay." I let out a choked laugh and slowly started walking to stand next to my class, alas the day comes when shame befalls me to the point of no recovery... keep your head up Sōdai.

      After the ceremony, I dejected to my first period. Most of the seats were still empty, so I decided to sit by the window since the breeze felt so nice. I totally deserved this seat after what I went through. The classroom was pretty high up, so far up that you could see the west wings rooftop, interesting design.

"Heyyy, aren't you that girl who stormed into the ceremony?" A pretty girl walked up to me with her friends following close behind.

I looked up at them and laughed nervously.
"Yeahhh, unfortunately yes."

"Wow! That was so funny! That ceremony was super boring. I was surprised when someone made a ruckus like that, you really livened it up." She pointed out, while sitting down next to me.

"Oh thanks, then I'm glad I could help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a far corner of the room, unbeknownst to Sōdai, another group of teenagers were talking about her.