Chapter 14 - Seirin?

My heart started to pound with anxiety as I walked into the teachers lounge.

My home room teacher noticed me come in and smiled. "Oh! Sōdai, what brings you in here?"

"Well here's the thing..."
——
"You're asking if our school has a mascot.?" He said questionably.

"Well yeah! I think it's a great publicity idea, I would volunteer to be the mascot at all basketball games from now on."

"Well technically, at one time our school did have a mascot but that was a long time ago, they aren't as popular these days."

"Well let's bring it back! The people will love it! Besides I already promised I was gonna go to all of the games I might as well make myself useful."

"Alright... if you really think you want this. I'll wash it and give it to you before you guys set off to the game tonight."

"Great thanks!!"
——
"Daiki!!" I shouted as we walked out of the school.

"Oh, hey Sōdai whatchu doin." he said in husky yet kind voice. "And what's with the giant duffel bag?"

"Ohhh, it's for the game tonight, you're gonna be SUPER surprised." I said laughing evilly, we were playing a team called Seirin, apparently they're pretty good. Kuroko the blue hair boy was on that team too.

"Aomine, you guys said that you couldn't see Kuroko right? If you started to spar against me, I bet I could help you be able to see through the misdirection thing."

"Yeah, that's not a bad idea."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the team went into the Lockeroom I made a turn to the girls bathroom, I quickly took out the costume. "Hehe, I'm basically a furry now." I joked, it appeared to be a black panther with a gigantic head, it wore the Tōō jersey too. I giggled and put it on, it was a bit too big.. who am I kidding I was practically tripping over myself, I'd have to get it adjusted for the next game. I used a belt to keep the pants up and decided that was good enough, I walked out of the bathroom well aware of the judgmental stares of the girls fixing their makeup in the mirror, I waved to them and walked away.

With this costume NO ONE WILL KNOW WHO I AM, now I can cheer as loud as I want or be as crazy as I wanted without anyone judging me, it was the perfect plan. I marched into the Lockeroom and did enthusiastic jazz hands. All the boys and Momoi stared at me in shock and confusion.

I giggled and took off the head. "It's me you guys! But you can't tell ANYONE that I'm the one under the mascot."

"What! Kessaku!!" Momoi said laughing her ass off.

"So this was the surprise." Daiki said trying to hold in his laugh, the rest of the room burst out laughing.

"You look so funny." wakamatsu said, he was nearly in tears.

"It may be a bit.. big for you." Imayoshi said cackling.

"I know I know, I'm getting it tailored this weekend! Now quit laughing and get serious!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kuroko's POV

"What the- since when did Tōō have a mascot?" Kagami said, staring as the other team lined up, I spotted Aomine poking at the panther playfully, I smiled knowing who it was immediately." And he's so short too!" Kagami said laughing.

"Why do you assume it's a he?" I said hinting at who it was, he just looked confused, I chuckled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sōdai's POV

"Quit messing with me and focus!" I yelled at Aomine, he surrendered laughing.

As the coach explained the game plan to them I quietly stood with the huddle, I could hear the other team laughing at me... maybe this wasn't such a good idea.