Chapter 21 - Winter Tournament

I spent all night tossing and turning, it's been three weeks since I first debut and it was a massive success the only problem was the winter tournament has begun and I really wanted to watch it!

At the same time, I disappeared without any warning and then four months later I'm on TV, I wonder how everyone took that news... I was finally able to convince my manager to let me do a two week tour in Tokyo, I would sneak away and watch the games during the afternoon and perform during the night. It was an ingenious plan.
———
Well, here I am at the airport with security all around me heading back to my home for the first time in nearly four months, I'm sure those who knew me in real life knew why I was really coming back at this time, so it wouldn't make any sense to try and hide it.
—-
After the hour flight I finally stepped back onto my homes soil.. it was a weird feeling being back here...

I quickly changed outfits in my hotel room and put on a cap and a mask so I wouldn't be recognized, I then ran towards the gymnasium where the first few games were held.

I sat down in the corner of the bleachers not wanting to be seen, I had already missed the first day of the preliminaries but that didn't matter because Tōō already had a guaranteed spot in the tournament.

The first game was Seirin vs Tōō..

When I saw Seirin come out I could immediately tell that they had grown as a team, there was a new player too.. a big giant teddy bear like man, he was cute. He seemed strong... but when Tōō came out, they didn't look like a team at all.. and Aomine, wasn't even there.

I felt bad for Tōō but even more so, I felt disappointed in Aomine for not showing up when his team needed him the most..

The first quarter did not go well for Tōō, they managed to keep up but they were slowly falling behind. It was clear that without Daiki their offense was incomparable to Seirin's, not to mention that new player #7 strengthened their center exponentially.

It wasn't until the beginning of the second quarter that he came into the gymnasium, he was put in immediately. Of course this upset the balance of the game and Tōō caught up, but I could truly tell that he wasn't trying. It was like, he didn't even care... it hurt my heart to see him like this, but I knew he had put himself into that position.

By the third quarter Tōō was only up by 5 points, Daiki wasn't even sweating, it was obvious that he stopped going to practices. His muscle mass had decreased a bit, of course he still looked great..

I shook my head of those thoughts and continued watching the game, by the fourth quarter the red haired big guy on Seirins team had went into the zone, I figured Daiki would follow him in but he didn't.. WHAT IS HE THINKING?!?

I stood up and stared harshly at him trying to understand what was happening.

Seirin was catching up quick and by the end with 10 seconds left they were only one point behind, and Seirin got the ball... as they rushed down to the other end of the court to score Aomine just stood there looking down at the ground angrily...

"Tch." I ran down the bleachers to the railing and screamed as loud as I could hoping he would hear me over the cheers of the crowd.

"DAIKI!!!! MOVE YOUR ASS!"

He looked up from the ground and followed the direction of my voice, his eyes widened as our gaze met... within a split second, he was down on the other side of the court blocking the red heads slam dunk, he looked shocked, but then again so was I, it actually worked.. with that Aomine took the ball and threw it across the entire court to Sakurai who quickly scored a three pointer.

Final score- 99-103 Tōō's Win.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aomine POV

As the buzzer rang, I looked up at the bleachers desperately trying to find her, but she was nowhere in sight... had I imagined it?

The whole team jumped on me disturbing my thoughts, they cheered and yelled, but all I could think about was hearing her through the sea of voices. Had I perhaps made the wrong decision?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sōdai POV

I quickly ran out of the gym after the buzzer rang, the cool winter air stung my tired lungs. I held my chest tightly for fear of my heart jumping out, we made eye contact.

I wished he didn't make me feel this way.

I slowly walked back to the hotel and got ready for the concert that would be held at Budokan(arena/concert hall in Tokyo), it was a privilege to be performing there and relatively unheard of for someone who only debuted three weeks ago, but every since my viral videos people have been dying to figure out more of the "mystery girl". That certainly helped with getting me this gig.

The driver took me there and we set up for the show, crowds of people came roaring in and the seats were filled in no time.

I warmed up my vocals and my body to get ready. I walked onto the stage and the lights came up, fans started cheering as cameras aimed toward me.

I opened my eyes and smiled.

The crowd went silent so they could hear what I was going to say.

"Hello, today I will be performing a special song about a boy who stole my heart and then tossed it aside, I hope you love it~ and I'm sorry if you can relate."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was nearly midnight when the concert ended and I was exhausted.

"I should go see my mother sometime soon." I said to my driver.

"Oh, well I can take you there." He said back.

"No thank you, I'd like to go there on my own. As much as I value you and your time I can't go around letting people know where I live." I smiled kindly.

Reluctantly he agreed and drove away, I sighed and began to walk nowhere in particular.

I lied about going to my moms house, I couldn't face her right now.. I just really wanted to be alone.

The harsh thing about being an idol is that I had to watch my image and couldn't get angry when people harassed or stalked me. It was hard, but I knew it was something I had to do.

I unconsciously wandered to a familiar basketball court, the one where I first saw Aomine play. That same nasty slimy ball was sitting in the corner too, I found myself laughing at the familiarity of it all. It was barely half a year ago, but it felt like a past life's memories. Was this really what I wanted for my life? Had I perhaps made the wrong decision?

I sunk down and hugged my knees, I began to cry silently. I missed my old life, I missed my school and my friends, I missed the team and my mom, I even missed my stupid older brother, but what I missed most of all was the soft sound of his sleeping breath as we lay on the rooftop. I missed the feeling of the wind blowing at my hair and the sun on my skin. Those small moments with him were something I could never forget.

Suddenly something cold landed on my forehead, I looked up to see slow falling snowflakes all around me.
"Hah,
."

                          It was snowing in Tokyo.