30| Merry Christmas

Tree shopping [Decemember 20]

"What about this one? It looks sturdy."

"But there's a white one! Look! Look! Klee thinks it would do better inside the home."

"But it's 30 dollars over and it doesn't even smell good," Auggie argues as he saw the fake tree that was dolled up with purple and blue ornaments and an angel on top of it. "It smells like plastic."

"Hey, hey, no fighting." [M/N] said as he pulled Klee's hand in his and towards the real trees. He shivered outside as they went, and looked at the many trees in the lot with many different prices on them. [M/N] shivered again with a sigh and felt Klee let go and look around with Auggie behind her. Both talked about each tree that caught her attention. [M/N] watched them, as Aether was beside him but on [M/n]'s phone. He was choosing Christmas gifts, as [M/N] watched the two.

"Here." [M/N] felt something wrapped around his shoulders and looked at the large black jacket around him. He had gotten it from the thrift store for Diluc since he was a bit broader with his strong shoulders yet thin waist. "Hey, wait, you'll be cold." [M/N] said as he tried to pull it off himself.

"I'm fine, I can stand the cold," Diluc assured as he watched the children finally stop at the tree, both seemed to be talking about it. "I told you to bring another coat anyway." 

"I know, but I was stopping Xingqiu from feeding Chongyun some jalapeno poppers." [M/N] said as he shrugs but pulled his arms through the black sleeves of the large coat and snuggled into the soft fur of the jacket. It wasn't that bad of a deal either, 3.99 plus tax.

"I understand the gift-giving, but why a tree? Wouldn't it be dangerous to have one especially with lights on?" Diluc asked as he moved towards the kids. Christmas was odd but got that gift-giving was the whole point rather than spending time with family. "Usually, it snows around this time in Mondstadt and a lot of more drunks at the tavern. It was a bit slow as well for work since the grapes are frozen over."

"It's just aesthetically pleasing for me and Auggie, I worked a lot around this time and gotten Auggie the gifts he wanted but also making him feel happy." [M/N] said as he looked over the tree that the kids picked out. Nothing too big, and still healthy it seemed, "You two watch them, I'll go get one of the workers."

Aether looked up from the phone and noticed the tree, very green and taller than him. "What did you get him for Christmas?" Aether asked, glancing at Diluc. 

"Some cooking books." Diluc said as Aether hummed, "and you?"

"Nothing special, just something to make him happy."

"How odd for you to say that, is it something that's age-appropriate?" Diluc asked eyebrow raised as Aether flushed and glared at him a bit, "Aether."

"It's nothing like that, I'm not telling you what it is because it's supposed to be a secret." Aether clutched the phone closely and rolled his eyes a bit as [M/N] returned. He wanted the perfect gift, and this seemed it would do nicely. 

Decorating outside the house [Decemember 21]

Albedo placed down the last box of Christmas decorations onto the snowy ground, he watched Klee and Kazuha fixed the plastic Santa, his arm gets stuck with every move of his arm. Albedo had quickly adapted with tools here, instead of using Alchemy. [M/N] sets the ladder up, it clicks against the rooftop and is hooked together for steadiness. "Here," [M/N] said as he grabbed the end of the lights, "I'll go up and you guys make sure I don't fall."