Weird

A Few Days Later

Working at Grandpa's shop has been going pretty well. Cowboy already has a gaggle of little kids coming in everyday to see him.
It's honestly pretty sweet.

I've met some new people, some who clearly must have moved to town when I was gone. And others who have come in are long time friends.

But on my second day of working for Grandpa something odd happened.

Flashback

I'm just coming back from my lunch break when I see three men talking to Grandpa.
They don't notice me and continue talking. It's more like yelling though.

"You can't let her go fishing at that lake, that's his territory! He's going to kill her one of the next times she goes there because he'll see her as a trespasser!" The one to the far left yells. I assume the "he" the man is talking about is the wolf that attacked me. "I can't control her actions. Besides, would he really kill her? He's only killed livestock." Grandpa argues back.

"That doesn't mean anything. He's been rogue for five years now. I'm shocked he hasn't killed anyone yet." The man in the middle says. What does he mean rogue for five years? "Which means you need to stop her from fishing at the lake! I don't want you to have to bury your granddaughter!"

I'm fed up with them yelling at Grandpa. "I can make decisions for myself thank you very much!" "Little girl, you're making a bad decision. That wolf will kill rip you apart." "I'd like to see him try. He failed the first time, who says he'll succeed in a second attempt? The next time he tries I'll send my knife through his skull not his back."

End Of Flashback

Should I have listened to those three men and my gut instinct not to come back? Hell yeah. But am I catching a boat load of massive sunnies and perch? Also hell yeah!

I haven't even seen hide nor hair of the wolf. Which is good. And if he does happen to show up again, I have a loaded 9mm ready to blow some holes through him.

The strange thing about "the lake's his territory" keeps rolling through my head. It makes sense but at the same time it doesn't.

Wolves have territories, and he clearly didn't like me being in it. Especially if you think about the marks he left by my truck.

But how do those men know what the wolf has and has not killed? And how do they know how long he's been rogue for?

All of this sounds a lot like a wolf pack. I vaguely remember reading about wolves in fourth grade. If I remember right wolf packs know where other wolf packs are and know when lone wolves are wandering around.

Would this make those people werewolves? No, I'm just being crazy. I haven't had a breakdown lately so I must being going crazy in other ways.

I'm pulled out of my crazy thoughts by my bobber going under water. With a quick jerk I set the hook and start to reel it in.

"Mother fucker!" I curse when my line gets snagged on the rocks at the edge of the lake. "Stupid damn fish." I grumble as I get up from my log and crawl down to the lake's edge.

I kneel at the water's edge and pull on my line. Now that I can see what rock it's stuck on I shuffle over to the rock.

As I adjust the rock and pull on my line I catch a glimpse of my scar. No no no, not again! But before I can stop myself, I spiral into another breakdown.

The Wolf's Pov.

As I do a lap around my territory making sure nothing is out of the ordinary, I spot a bright red truck.

That woman is back in my territory again! I need to check on her and make sure she leaves for good this time.

I don't want her here. I want to be alone in my territory. I deserve to be alone and miserable until the day I die.

But why would this woman come back? Didn't she understand my warning? I will have to make her never want to come back.

She likely is at the lake again. I start to head that way when I hear the sound of crying. Something's hurt, that makes it an easy meal.

I go from my easy paced walk to a full on run. Cows are easy to hunt, this hurt creature will likely be an even easier hunt.

I enter the clearing at the lake with my fangs bared. My instincts to kill automatically are dashed when I see the woman shaking on the ground.

She would be an easy kill, but I don't kill women. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She cries as the shaking gets worse.

Poor little thing. I don't understand what is happening to her. But I should help her, I'll scare her away from my territory after I know she's alright.

"I failed you Jake." She whimpers. A growl forms in my throat at her mentioning this Jake guy. Weird, why does her saying his name make me mad? That doesn't matter now. I need to help her.

I slowly walk towards her. She's still shaking and her crying is getting worse. Once I'm next to her, I sit down and cock my head to the side.
She doesn't seem to have noticed me yet, and she still seems not good.

I lay down and halfway curl my body around hers. As soon as my body touches hers I feel tingles shoot through my body. Weird.

The woman slowly stops shaking and her whimpers grow quieter. I watch her with interest, what caused her to act this way?

All of a sudden her eyes shoot open and lock with mine. Fear automatically fills her beautiful eyes. Half a second later a scream fills the air as she scrambles away from me.

I stay where I lay and watch her. By staying here I'm showing her that I'm not a threat, not yet anyway. I don't want to hurt her, just scare her away.

I watch with amusement as she draws a gun on me

I watch with amusement as she draws a gun on me. Like that would kill me. It would take much more than a simple human bullet to end my life.

"You come towards me and I'll put a bullet between your eyes." We lock eyes again and the  urge to shift becomes overwhelmingly present. I rein it in and we stay eye locked for who knows how long before she finally lowers her weapon. The fear in her eyes is gone now, and is replaced by curiosity.

"You don't want to hurt me?" "I just want you out of my territory." I reply, not that she'd understand me. Humans can't understand wolf speak.

"My PTSD must be getting worse. I'm hearing the wolf talk." She says as she holsters her gun. The woman can understand me?! How is that possible?

The woman paces back and forth nervously before stopping and bringing her hand up to the side of her head and hitting it multiple times.

"Go away crazy thoughts." She repeats as she hits her head some more. "Stop that you foolish human, you'll hurt yourself." "You can talk!" She gasps. "You can understand me?" I gasp back.

A weirded out look crosses her face before she shuffles over to her things. She grabs them and runs away from me.

My instincts call for me to chase her down like a predator hunting its prey. But when I catch her, my instincts call for me to lick her face not kill her. This is weird.

I need to contact Alpha Conan. He'll know why I'm feeling like this around this human female.