The Beeping has Stopped

(Plug in your headphones.)

Storm's Pov.

Why is there so much beeping when I'm trying to sleep?! Wait, beeping? Ah, that's right I'm in the hospital.

"Is she going to be okay Doctor?" Wilder asks from next to my bed. I keep my eyes closed and pretend to sleep, Doctor might not say anything true if I'm awake.

"Looking through this out of date werewolf biology book, it says one of two things will happen after a person is bitten by a werewolf. As soon as the moon rises the person will either turn into a werewolf or die. There's no third option."

Wilder makes some kind of choked noise at this news. Now is probably the time to "wake up".

"Turn that beeping off." I grumble, sitting up. "No can do, that's telling me how well your heart's beating." Doctor smiles at me. "I forgot it does that."

"I'll leave you two alone. Wilder, you have to tell her." With that Doctor leaves.

"Doctor found out that the bite will either turn you into a werewolf or kill you." He looks so sad telling me this.

"Let's say I turn into a werewolf. That means we can have fair contests, none of that suppressing your wolf shit."

"I'd like that."

"Let's say I die-" A sharp intake causes me to pause, "I'm haunting Amelia and Dani. Since I wouldn't be alive to spite them, haunting them is my next best option."

"We can haunt them together." Wilder gives me a sheepish grin. What? Why is he grinning?!

"What?"

"You die, I kill myself, I'm dead. We haunt them together." He explains his master plan with the sheepish grin turning into a baring of his teeth. This is getting weird.

"What the? No, you can't kill yourself. Your life doesn't have to end because I'm not there anymore. That's a waste." I try to change his mind.

"A life without you is a waste." He counters.

"If I die, I forbid you from joining me!"

"Why can't you understand I have to be with you?! A life without you in it is not a life but a torturous way to live." At this point he's shouting at me and the monitor is starting to beat faster. I can feel anger bubbling in my chest and this time I'm letting my cool slip.

"I want you to live for me! Do all the things I can't do anymore!" I scream back at him. His face is red with anger and fur is starting to sprout from his exposed skin.

"I can't deal with you right now!" He shouts before storming out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Almost as soon as the door shuts it opens again with the doctor and a nurse rushing a heavily bandaged man on a bed in. They work quickly connecting him to a monitor and IV.

"It's no use, with that much damage he won't live even if we try to operate on him." The doctor sighs. "It's terrible." The nurse agrees. The two leave without another word.

The man on the bed is awake but he looks like a walking corpse. "Why didn't you come back for me?" He asks, turning his head slightly to look at me. It's Mark and his face is horribly disfigured.

"I stayed right where you told me to and you never came back. It was horrible, they ate most of me. Storm, it hurts so much!" He cries.

"Mark, I'm so sorry." I can't believe I forgot about him. He was out of ammo before I was and I told him to stay put while I went to get help. That was a mistake and now he's going to die for it.