Allies

Narrator's Pov.

"Wilder, my long time enemy," Lop walks around the cell, running his fingers along the bars, "how does it feel to know that your mate's a traitor?"

Wilder's eyes widen with confusion and then denial. "No she's not. You're lying." Wilder denies with a shake of his head.

"When my men told her of our plan to slaughter your whole pack, she jumped right into telling them how she hates werewolves and thinks that being soulmates is fucked up."

Wilder gets a crushing feeling in his gut and gets the overwhelming urge to vomit. Storm couldn't, wouldn't say things like that. Lop has to be lying.

"That's not true!"

"It is. I turned the person who was designed to love you and only you, against you. And I turned her against your pack. You could say, I'm the best at destroying what people love." Lop pulls back his sleeve and flexes his surprisingly big muscles.

"Now I was going to kill you to make sure you're out of the way for when we slaughter your pack. But I think you'll be too crushed to do much more than sit here and mope, so I'm going to let you live. They can't say I wasn't merciful."

"Ta-ta Wilder! Have fun knowing your mate's a traitor." Lop gives him the bend of the phalanges wave and leaves.

Alpha! Lop is planning on killing the whole pack!

Wilder stop making things up to get released. Lop told me you'd do things like this to get out.

Alpha Conan, you have to believe me. When have I ever lied to you?

You lied to me today about now killing the farmers' livestock!

I didn't kill them and I'm not lying. Lop even got Storm to betray me and our bond!

That's a good lie, I'll give you that. But I'm not going to release you because you claim that Lop got your mate to betray you. We both know she wouldn't do that.

I want to believe that too but Lop told me she did!

Wilder, this has gone on long enough. I don't want to hear another of your pathetic attempts to get me to release you. I am blocking our mind link.

No wai-

The mind link is blocked and Wilder is crushed.

"Ready to blow this joint little brother?" The building door opens to Delaney swinging the key ring on her finger.

"How did you know I was here?" Wilder stands up and stares at his sister in awe.

"I know lots of things." She smiles before unlocking the cell door and embracing Wilder in a hug.

"You're my favorite sister!"

"Obviously, now why were you locked in a cell?"

One Story We Know Later

"That bastard!" Delaney curses while speeding down the road to Storm's house.

"When I see Lop again, I'm going to tear him apart!" Wilder exclaims, slamming his fist onto the dashboard causing it to crack.

Delaney doesn't even get the chance to park her car before Wilder is bailing out and running for the cabin door.

"Storm!" He yells into the empty house. His ears twitch when his werewolf hearing picks up on a quiet voice.

"I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then. I wish I could start this whole thing over again."

He takes a deep breath and sighs when he realizes it's just the radio. But that deep breath brought something to his attention. There's a familiar smell he noticed, a smell that makes his blood run cold.