The Contest for the Puppy

Being the courteous gentleman that he is, Wilder gets up to get a towel to clean Storm up. She lays there lazily as her mate does all the work of cleaning her up.

"Thank you for taking care of me." She thanks him once he lays back in bed. "You're welcome. There's still light outside, want to go fishing?" Now he was speaking her love language.

"Of course, let's go!" She haphazardly throws some clothes on and rushes out to get her rod ready. Wilder laughs at her antics, she's definitely something else. He only puts on his pants before going out to join her.

By the time he gets out there she has both rods ready to go along with the boat. The only problem with the boat is it doesn't have a motor so it has to be paddled out there.

Surprisingly they work together to paddle over to the prime fishing spot. Of course Wilder wanted to paddle by himself but Storm wouldn't let him.

The two lovers have a blast fishing together. Wilder is the only one catching fish, probably because Storm gave him the only bait the fish will bite on. She can't help but be happy every time he reels a fish in and shows it to her.

One Year Later

"That'll be eleven dollars and forty cents." Storm tells the old man who's buying two containers of wax worms. As she's counting out his change the bell on the door chimes, signaling someone has came into the bait shop.

"Here comes lunch my love!" A swoon worthy croon fills ears. "Aww, young love." The old man clutches his heart at the sight of Wilder bringing Storm homemade lunch.

"Here's your change sir." She hands the man his change and he takes his leave. As soon as the man is gone, Wilder places the brown paper bag on the counter gives Storm a kiss. She pulls away and opens the bag. He packed her a pb and j sandwich, a baggie of chips, and some apple slices. She starts to eat the apple slices as he tells her about dropping the kids off at Grandpa's for the day.

"Theodore was so excited to see Grandpa, he wouldn't stop smiling!" A happy look is on Wilder's face as he tells his mate about their son. "What about Eva?" "She's excited to see the chickens, you know how she is about chickens." The two share a laugh, their daughter absolutely adores chickens.

The bell chimes and a new customer walks in. "I'll take that as my cue to leave. I'll see you later my love." He gives her a wave as he walks out. She smiles, she's so lucky to have him as her mate.

As the afternoon progresses business slows and Storm starts to think about things to pass the time, such as Wilder's newly finished warrior mark. Eva wanted him to have a ship in it and he actually had the artist put a little ship in it.

He's so excited about having that mark finished, though he likes to tell Storm she became a full fledged warrior long before he did

He's so excited about having that mark finished, though he likes to tell Storm she became a full fledged warrior long before he did. He's so hopelessly in love he'll tell her most anything to make her happy.