There's Another Kid

Wilder doesn't stop running until the baby starts to cry even louder. He slows down and sets the baby down on a soft spot of moss.

The baby wails with all his might, trying to get his mommy's attention. Mommy's dead though and the only pack he has left is Wilder, so Wilder will have to do as a stand in Mommy.

Wilder nudges the baby's cheek with his wet nose which causes the baby to giggle. The baby reaches for Wilder with a pudgy hand and pulls on his muzzle fur. This doesn't deter the wolf and he continues nudging the baby to get more giggles.

Eventually the baby has enough and tries to do something about it. His little bones break and fuzz spurts out of his skin.

Wilder nuzzles the pup before picking him up by the scruff and going back to running. His instincts have him wanting to herd Storm and Eva to his den where he can keep them safe. It's stupid but he can't fight it, his instincts have full control of all of his thoughts and actions.

 It's stupid but he can't fight it, his instincts have full control of all of his thoughts and actions

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Hold the screw right there and don't move." His ears twitch at the sound of a voice. He's close to Storm's cabin now.

"You're going to hurt me." A younger voice whines.

"I'll never hurt you."

"That's what Mommy said too."

Storm sighs and takes the screw from Eva. "I'm not like your Mommy, I won't hurt you. Now go play." Eva runs off the deck onto the lawn, eager to get away from Storm.

That's when Wilder emerges and upon seeing Eva he heads towards her and starts to bump her with his shoulder, herding her back towards Storm.

Storm looks up from screwing the last of the hinges onto the new doorframe. "What are you doing Wilder?" She stands up and descends the stairs.

Eva scurries up to her and hides behind her legs. "Wowf is acting funny." Wilder calmly walks up to them and Storm kneels down to see what's wrong with him.

She runs a hand over his neck and he takes that as an okay to drop the pup. With her other hand she catches the pup. "Who are you little guy?" She asks, abandoning petting Wilder to better hold the pup.

"Can I pet him?" Eva peeks out from behind Storm to look at the pup in her hands. "Sure." Eva moves out from behind Storm and reaches out to run a hand over the pup's back.

Storm looks up from the cute scene to try and figure out what has Wilder acting different. It doesn't take her long to realize his eyes are different. His eyes being all black like bottomless pits can't be good.

"Here Eva, why don't you hold the puppy?" Eva eagerly takes the pup and starts petting him with vigor.

"What's wrong with you Wilder?" Storm asks, putting a hand on each side of Wilder's face.

Wilder's Instinctual Pov.

Mate is holding my face and it feels nice. The pups are playing together and it is nice. It is all nice.