Detained

It's not until a few days later that Alpha Conan has time to see the evidence of Wilder's supposed wrongdoings. Each farm he goes to further cements his belief that Wilder has been killing.

Now Alpha Conan has cut Wilder significant slack. It was one thing for him to kill livestock when he was stuck in wolf form and unable to control his killing urges. It's another thing for him to be able to freely shift and control these urges and still be killing livestock.

It's time for Alpha Conan to put a stop to this. Wilder will no longer get special treatment.

"Wilder, are you there? I need to talk to you!" Alpha Conan knocks on the cabin's door, knowing full well that Wilder is in there. Conan expects Wilder to be the one opening the door but instead it's Eva.

"Who are you?" She asks suspiciously. "I'm Conan. Is Wilder here?" He peaks over her and into the cabin. "Wiwder!" She screams. In an instant Wilder is there and in front of her to protect her.

"Oh, it's you Alpha. Eva's screams made me think someone bad was here." He rubs his neck awkwardly. "Eva, why don't you go get Storm while I talk to Alpha?" Eva smiles at him before going back inside.

"I'm sorry about the Alpha. I was trying to help Storm fix her broomstick walking cane and I didn't hear you knock." Wilder apologizes before shutting the door so no little ears can listen.

"It's alright, you don't need to make up excuses for mating with your mate." He winks at Wilder. "I'm being honest Alpha, do you smell anything on me?" Wilder retaliates.

Conan takes a deep breath and smells no sex. "I'm sorry for doubting you. But now can you tell me about killing the farmers' livestock?" Conan ushers Wilder away from the cabin and towards the lake's edge.

"Killing the farmers' livestock? Alpha, I haven't done that since I met Storm." Wilder's eyebrows furrow in confusion, why is Alpha asking about this?

"Wilder, I know you're lying. There's sufficient evidence on each of those farms that you were the one doing the killing."

"Alpha, I'm being framed! I stopped killing once I met Storm!"

Conan sighs and looks at the young wolf with pity. He was just getting his life back together and he just had to keep killing and ruin it. Pitiful indeed.

"This is your final warning. If you kill one more time, I will have to have you detained for an indefinite amount of time." Conan threatens.

Wilder's eyes widen. Being detained would ruin all of the progress he was making with Storm and with bettering himself.

Alpha, there's been another killing. It's fresh, within the last hour.

Thank you Lop.

"I'm going to have to detain you now Wilder." Alpha Conan says with disappointment. "I haven't done anything!" Wilder argues.

"You've killed too many and now you must pay for it. Now don't make this difficult, I really don't want to do this."

In a split second Wilder had the urge to take his mate and run for the hills. He doesn't though because he knows that will make him seem guilty.

"At least let me tell Storm I'll be going away for awhile." Wilder pleads. Conan nods and Wilder runs for the cabin.

Inside he finds Storm sitting on the couch while Eva attempts to style her hair. It looks like a rat's nest but Storm is not complaining.

"I'm being taken away."

"What? Why?!"

"I'm being framed for killing livestock and Alpha's imprisoning me for it."

"That's bullshit!"

"Gimme a quarter." Eva extends a hand.

"Not now Eva."

"Whatever you do Storm, do not try to break me out. That will just make me look more guilty. I'll be out soon though so don't worry." He pulls her into a hug and then places a kiss on her forehead. "Keep an eye on her for me Eva. We can't keep having her swearing." He ruffles the child's hair.

When Conan and Wilder get to the detention cells, Lop is waiting there with a shit eating grin. Finally his plan is starting to fall into place.

When Wilder walks past Lop he recognizes him as the scarred wolf he and Storm ran into when they were leaving the pack house.

"It's good to see we're finally putting this guy away Alpha!" Lop says with glee once Wilder is locked in a cell.

"No Lop, this is not good. I thought Wilder was improving and he's clearly not." Conan says sadly.

"That's too bad. There is a way to fix his problems though," this piques Conan's interest, "we kill him." Interest lost.

"No, he's still my most promising warrior."

'Not for long!' Lop thinks to himself as he thinks of tonight's plan.

"I have to go now, I trust you'll keep an eye on him?"

"Of course Alpha."

With that Conan goes back the pack house for a glass of bourbon to drown his sorrows. How could such a promising young wolf ruin his future like this?

Lop laughs like a maniac once Conan is out of earshot. "We're gonna win boys! We're gonna win!" He whoops while jumping up and down in excitement.

Boys, the plan goes into action tonight. Once I do my part of the plan, I will link you and you will get the girl.

Sounds good Boss.