Alt. Ending Pt.2

One Week Later

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Eva! Happy birthday to you!" Storm and Wilder sing before their daughter blows out the six candles on her cake.

"Did you make a wish?" Storm asks the giddy six year old. "Yes! I wished for-" "If you say it out loud it won't come true." Wilder interrupts. "Okay Daddy."

Wilder lifts Eva off the chair so Storm can get access to the cake. She cuts two large, one medium, and one small piece out of the cake. She dishes them up in front of each family member and they dig in.

"Thank you Momma." Storm stops mid step and turns to look at the child. "What did you say?" Storm asks. "Thank you Momma." Storm wants to cry in joy at Eva's words. "You're welcome Eva."

Storm's Pov.

She called me her Momma! She called me her Momma!

I'm so happy!

This is very exciting, I'm happy for you love.

I sit down with a big grin on my face and dig into my piece of cake. Once we all finish our pieces of cake, Eva is going to open her presents.

"I'm done Momma. Can we open presents now?" I'm only halfway done with my piece and Eva's already done with hers and bouncing in her seat with excitement.

"Let Momma finish her piece first." Wilder says. Eva gives him a pouty look and stops bouncing in her chair. I quickly scarf done the rest of my piece and take all the dishes to the sink. When I'm done I find Eva bouncing on the couch and the wrapped presents at her feet.

Wilder is sitting in the armchair with Theodore on his lap. I can't help but notice that Theodore looks sleepy and ready for a nap.

"Come on Momma!" Eva whoops. I sit on the opposite end of the couch with my phone ready for pictures. The first present she opens is the one from Grandpa. He would've been here for the party but he and his friends are on a fishing trip for the week.

Eva squeals in joy when she rips the wrapping paper away and finds a set of kids tools. Grandpa had built her a little work bench with different screws and nails in it for her to work with. His tools were too big for her hands to use and I'm glad he got her some that will fit her.

"Hold out the tools. Yes, like that." I snap some pictures of her and her tools to send to Grandpa.

The next present she opens is the one from me and Wilder. "It's a baby doll!" She shakes the thing up and down in joy. "Can you take it out please?" She hands it to me and with a few quick flicks of my pocket knife the doll is freed from its packaging.

"Thank you!" She takes it from me and hugs it tightly. "You have one present left and it's from Theodore and Patches." Eva hands me back her doll and opens her last present.

"She's so cute!" She cheers when she pulls the stuffed sheep out of the wrapping paper. "Thank you Theo!" She gets up and gives Theodore a kiss on the nose. He giggles a bit and then goes back to snuggling into Wilder's chest.

She tracks down the puppy, who up until she found him, was sleeping by the door. She picks him up and struggles to carry him to the couch. "Thank you Patches!" She hugs the poor puppy and he struggles to get out of her strong hold.

Four Months Later

"One more signature here and you should be good to go Mr. and Mrs. Forestt." The adoption agent says. Wilder signs first and I follow suit. The agent looks over the papers a few more times before signing it himself.

"It's official Mr. and Mrs. Forestt, you are the guardians of Eva Elice and Theodore Fang." Wilder jumps up from his chair and drags me with him. He takes my hands and shakes them in glee. "We're parents! We're parents!" He chants with the biggest smile ever on his handsome face. I give him a smile in return and pull him into a hug.