Chapter 6

I awoke the next morning feeling energised and ready for the big day. I noticed Daniel and Angela kissing when I went downstairs for breakfast. "Hey, guys!! Hello and good morning", I interrupted their kiss with a cheeky smile. They gave me a scowl. I just laughed at them and sat down for breakfast.

"Are you ready to discover your abilities?" Daniel inquired after a moment of silence. "Yes, I am. Will Sophia accompany me to the assessment? "I asked.

"She dropped by an hour ago while you were sleeping. Come on, let me take you to her "Angela mentioned getting up.

"It's not my fault. She did not specify a time "I responded in my defense.

"Yeah...yeah, lazybones, let's go," Angela snorted. After saying our goodbyes to Daniel, Angela led me to a simple room where Sophia and three other people were seated.

I was perplexed to see an elderly gentleman among them and said to Angela, "Celes, I assumed, would never grow old. Why does that man appear to be ageing? Has he changed his appearance?"

"He's a wizard. They age gradually. They, like us, cannot perform elemental magic. They can, however, create and use magic through spells "Angela replied quietly.

I nodded in response to her words. Sophia slowly rose from her chair and approached us. "Angela, thank you for bringing Emery here. Please continue with your classes "Angela hugged me goodbye and wished me luck.

Sophia introduced the other three people in the room. Will Stone is the wizard's name. Camille, a fairy with blonde hair, is sitting next to him. The other is a shifter named Chris Black.

"That's all right, Emery. To grasp your abilities, you must first connect with your soul. To begin with, it is difficult to achieve. This will be taught to you in class and through practise.

Please drink this first. This will allow your soul to communicate with your magical core, allowing you to detect and enhance your powers for evaluation "Sophia elaborated.

I nodded and took a look at the glass they had handed me. It contained a silver drink. I gulped down the entire bottle. It didn't taste as bad as I had expected. It had a slightly sweet and creamy flavour to it.

"Alright. We will put our hands on your forehead. You will feel some warmth. The colours you exude after our spell will reveal your powers to us. "Are you ready?" Sophia inquired reassuringly. They clasped their hands and began chanting in an unknown language. I nodded and closed my eyes.

After a while, I began to feel a strange power within myself that wanted to burst forth. The temperature began to rise. I felt a strong magical release within myself. I opened my eyes slowly, stunned by the intensity of it, and saw all of them staring at me in awe.

"What happened? Was it a success? What are my abilities? " I questioned them.

"Before today, only one person used to possess these many powers . And you having these extraordinary powers and that, too, having them at initial level is the first" Sophia softly uttered

"What exactly do you mean?" I asked, perplexed by her words.

"You possess all elemental powers, as well as telepathy, teleportation, and telekinesis. It's odd to have all of these abilities at such a young age. We didn't intend to scare you, dear "Mr. Stone stated calmly.

"Wow!! That's incredible. You mentioned that someone else has these abilities. Who is that?" I inquired further.

"Many people only have a few of these abilities. However, having all of these abilities in one person is unusual. Prince Adrian, King Philip's son, possesses similar abilities. He can also bend time and conjure up new magical spells. We believe you will develop these as well in the future." Mr. Stone elaborated.

"Are you referring to Adrian, my roommate?" I was curious. "Oh, yes!! He's supposed to arrive today. He will help you control some of your abilities, dear. You have the rest of the day to yourself. We will prepare your schedule and send it to you in the evening "Sophia smiled as she said this.

"Alright!! Thank you for your time. Have a wonderful day "I returned to my house with a smile on my face. When I arrived, there was no one in the house. Assuming they were still in class, I began preparing lunch for us.

"Ry!!" yelled someone from behind. I startled and some of the food had spilled on my dress and on the floor. I noticed a faint golden glow shimmering in the living room. After a minute, my brother emerged, laughing to himself.

"Why are you so sloppy? Can't you eat anything without spilling?" My brother chuckled, looking pleased with his remarks.

"Haha...very funny," I commented. "You're right. I am so funny ", he said with a smile. I rolled my eyes at him.

"How did the assessment go?" he inquired. I told him everything Sophia and others had said about my powers.

"Congrats, sis. You now have nearly as many cool abilities as I do "Aries replied, ruffling my hair.

"I try, big brother," I replied, smiling. "I'm almost done making lunch. Will you join us for dinner? "I queried.

"No way, sweetpea. I just finished eating. I'll talk to you later. Have fun cleaning ", he chuckled and disappeared into a portal. .
I couldn't help but shake my head at his words. I picked up a nearby broom to clean the floor. To see if it was the magical broom, I sat on it and yelled "fly." A snort came from behind me.

When I turned around, I noticed a handsome man leaning on the kitchen door looking very amused. "It's not a magical broom. You've obviously seen a lot of Harry Potter ", he laughed.

"That's what I figured. This broom is not comfortable to sit on "I mumbled, embarrassed. He laughed and replied, "Emery, you must be our new housemate. Angela frequently mentioned you. It's great to finally meet you. I am Jason"

"Nice to meet you, as well," I said, shaking his hand.