Chapter 13

I was expecting to arrive at a magical campsite with dragons flying around, but everything seemed normal. Two camp instructors joined us and assisted with tent setup. We were not allowed to use magic in the camp. I guess the school wants to bond us in the traditional way. Angela and I are sharing one tent, which is located between the tents shared by Jason and Daniel and Adrian. I wished my brother could have joined us in the trip, but he had to return to our kingdom for a few days due to our Grandfather's request for reasons unknown to me. Following our refreshment, we gathered at the camp centre as directed by our camp instructors.

"Okay, fellas!! Listen!! There are numerous activities planned for all of you to bond and enjoy this beautiful location. Today, we'll start with a classic game called "Capture the Flag." Please form two-person groups. The first person to capture the red flag wins. Remember to avoid using magic. I will know as soon as anyone uses magic. After capturing the flag, you all will be teleported back to the camp", he explained.

Angela coupled with Daniel. I was about to join Jason when I was drawn into a warm chest. I recognise Adrian based on the sparks. I tried to push him away from me, but he gripped my hand even stronger, pulling me to his side.

"Let go, I need to see Jason," I said, glaring at him. "Jason already formed with Stan," he said, pointing to Jason.

I sighed. "I'll form a group with someone else. Let me go or I will yell ", I tried to threaten him, but all he did was smirk. "Love..." he began, but was cut off by the whistle signalling the start of the game. That made me sigh angrily.

"Cheesecake, you're stuck with me. Let's get started ", Adrian took my hand in his and walked us towards the forest. Our hands were a perfect fit. I reluctantly released my hand from his grip and put some space between us.

Adrian stood relaxed against a tree watching me as I started looking for the flag. I turned to face him to yell but was frozen by his smile. My heart beat much faster. He looked stunning, with the sun illuminating his eyes and hair. I jerked myself out of my reverie.

"What are you smiling about? Start looking for the flag ", I pretended to be irritated.

"No, I'm fine," he said as he sat down, leaning back against the trunk.

"He's so annoying," I grumbled as I looked around the room. I glared at him and began walking deeper into the forest.

Adrian quickly stood up and caught up to me. "You finally decide to help?!" I exclaimed, staring at him. He walked slowly and shrugged.

"Watch out," Adrian shouted as he drew me into his arms. I tripped and we both fell to the ground. I drew my head away from his chest and looked at him, perplexed by his actions. He drew both of us up and dusted his clothes.

"You were about to step on a phoenix egg," he explained as he drew a small red egg from the ground.

He looked around and placed the egg on the nest, where it had most likely fallen. His gesture made me smile. Who knew this haughty prince had such a tender heart?! I frowned when I noticed the blood on his arm. "You're bleeding," I said, taking his arm and inspecting the wound. "When we fell, we might have scratched it. It isn't a big deal "He gave a warm smile. I wrapped my hanky around the wound. "Does it pain?", I asked him worried.

"I'm fine, love," he said as he drew me closer to him. The worry washed away as I sighed happily at the sparks. We stayed that way until I remembered the pep talk I gave myself the day before. I yanked away from him and awkwardly cleared my throat. "Let's go," I said as I began walking. Adrian trailed behind me. We came across two groups of people who were also looking for the flag. "Where the hell is that stupid flag?" I wondered.

We began to hear the sound of water flowing as we continued walking. We followed the sound and came across a lovely waterfall. I sighed in content and sat on a nearby rock, overlooking the view. I excitedly looked at Adrian and patted the spot beside me. He sat down and chuckled.

"It's breathtaking. It's worth trekking through the woods for a stupid flag ", I let out a contented sigh and closed my eyes, inhaling the fresh air.

"Breathtaking," Adrian said quietly. When I opened my eyes, he was looking at me lovingly. I averted my gaze and took in the scenery. "What a cliche moment!!", I thought to myself. "This looks like the one where we first met," Adrian said, looking around. I was taken aback by his remark and felt pain run through me as I remembered how he abandoned me there. "Yeah, the place where you first of many times ignored my questions and walked away refusing to talk about us," I said bitterly, looking at him.

He flinched, clearly hurt and guilty. "I'm sorry," he said quietly, his voice breaking with emotion. I looked him in the eyes, waiting for him to say something other than sorry. He placed his hand on my cheek and looked at me with his lovely green eyes. Sparks flitted across my skin. Adrian began to lean towards me, but a whistle rang around the area, breaking the almost kiss. I stood up and moved away from Adrian hastily. The game was over, and we were teleported back to the camp the next minute.