Chapter 21

"Ian?", I tugged Adrian's hand, gaining his attention. He turned back to me in question. "I have fear of heights. I don't think I can do this flying", I expressed, worried about flying on a dragon. 

"I know", he admitted. I felt confused with his answer as I don't recall ever mentioning that to him. "Angela told me", he continued.

I turned fully towards him hearing his response. "She told you? When?", I questioned.

"I may or may not have asked Angela about your likes and dislikes for planning our date", he admitted sheepishly.

My lips curled into an amused chuckle at his confession. "Then why are you making me fly when you know my fear?", I asked shocked.

"Because", he approached me in long strides. "The feeling of flying is something that can't be explained in mere words. It's a feeling about being free. Free from all the stress in your life. With the wind flowing across the face, seeing the world from the top and the light feeling one gets is a great pleasure that I don't want you to miss. But.. I would never force you into something you don't want to do. I would with you in every way when you want to do this. It's up to you, my love", he glanced at me hopefully.

I let out a long sigh contemplating what to do. I decided to give this a try, hoping that I won't pummel to my death. 

"Fine", I breathed out. "But you have to promise that you will hold me tightly and not let me fall", I said slowing, fixing my gaze on his.

"I promise", Adrian said, his tone serious and his eyes mixture of warmth, respect and admiration. 

I nodded and followed him to the dragon. Adrian climbed on it first and held his hand out to me. I released a long breath and placed my hand in his, after a long moment. Adrian pulled me onto it and the hard skin of the dragon felt strange against my skin. I turned my face to look back at Adrian holding my waist and his eyes focused on my every move. His warm breath tickled my face as he pushed back few strands of my hair falling on my eyes. 

"Ready?", he asked, his voice vibrating along the back of my body. "I think so", I replied back closing my eyes and leaning forward to loop my hands across the dragon, holding on it tightly. 

"Fly, Khai", Adrian said loudly. The dragon started to flap its wings and raised slowly. A small scream left my lips and I squeezed my eyes tightly, leaving long shaky breaths.

"Love", Adrian called out, placing his hands against my back. I felt a cool wind pass through my face. I let out a short shaky breath, still not opening my eyes. The flapping sound of wings reached my ears along with a heavy sound of wind. "Emery", Adrian called out to me, with voice full of concern. I timidly opened my eyes to see his face inches from mine, his eyes staring deeply at me. 

He smiled at me encouragingly and said, "Look around, my love".

Slowly, I turned my gaze away from Adrian to take in the magnificent scenery. Leaning forward, I noticed a small group of birds flying next to us. I peered down to look at the valley, which looked enchanting from above. I didn't even realize that my fear didn't cross my mind that moment with me busy taking in the view before me. The feeling was absolutely amazing. It was exhilarating.

A bright smiled crossed my lips subconsciously. 

A large hand wrapped around my waist, drawing my attention to the man sitting against my back. 

You okay?" he asked. Looking at the beaming smile on my face, a tiny grin pulled at his lips.

I nodded excitedly. Adrian let out an amused chuckle. 

I turned my gaze from Adrian's green eyes to see that we were slowing down. The dragon slowly landed before a beautiful and cozy looking cabin. 

Adrian jumped off the dragon and then grabbed my waist to gently set me down on the ground. Adrian gave the word, and the dragon flew away, it's large wings soaring graciously across the sky.

I turned my gaze to look at the cabin in front. It's nestled between trees. I looked at Adrian in question, wondering what he was up to.

 I looked at Adrian in question, wondering what he was up to

Adrian held his out to me smirking. "The next part of date awaits, Princess."

Laughing, I went running into Adrian's arms and jumped onto his waist pulled his mouth down to mine. Adrian stilled in shock for a moment before he grabbed my waist tightly with one hand and his other hand grabbing my hair tilting my face up to kiss harder. 

Holding me tightly to him, and still kissing, Adrian walked up to the cabin and flicked his finger and the door opened. I pulled back a little to see the inside of the cabin but Adrian's warm lips against my neck made it very difficult to concentrate. A faint moan left my lips. 

Adrian looked up from my neck with a dilated expression and walked us faster to the nearby couch. He gently placed me against it and looked at me with a grin before quickly sealing my lips against his. With a low groan, I placed my legs around his waist pulling him further into me. My hands curled against his hair deepening the kiss. We broke from kiss to take a breathe before his hands pulled me again for a kiss. A husky groan filled with desire left his lips burning my insides with a strong and warm sensation. 

I pulled away from the kiss and placed my hands on his chest and quickly flipped the position. Adrian looked at me with a surprised smile. I leaned down against him to see his swollen lips and his unruly hair, probably from my fingers running through them. I placed my lips against his neck eliciting a moan from him. I dragged my lips along his neck to his jaw, and again to his lips. I gently pulled away from him and placed my forehead against his breathing harder.

"That was--", I started and looked at Adrian to see his eyes closed with a small smile on his beautiful face. 

Adrian opened his eyes and murmured softly, "wow". He silently laughed and pulled me with him to sit on the couch. "Yeah", I breathed out dazed and breathless.