Chapter 20

I rushed to my room to prepare for the date. I felt giddy with excitement. I started to twirl around the room, humming softly. 

"What's the matter?", laughed Angela, standing behind the door. 

"Adrian is taking me on a date", I smiled at her, halting my steps. 

"Finally", she exhaled in relief, throwing her hands in the air. 

"So, you guys are skipping coming to the picnic, then?!", she remarked, raising her eyebrow in question.

"Yes, unfortunately. Sorry", I smiled apologetically.

"No worries", she waved her hand dismissively, "No worries.". "You need this after months of emotional distress you went through. Have fun", she smiled warmly.

I smiled back in response. Angela reached the sofa and laid on it lazily. "So, what are you wearing?", she questioned, raising her head to look at me.

"I haven't decided yet. Help me select an outfit", I asked hopefully.

"So, where is he taking you?", she asked. 

"No idea. We have to keep it a secret, so not many options", I replied shrugging my shoulders.

She shook her head amused and strode over to my closet. After flipping through many dresses, she picked out a short dress and showed it to me. I shook my head at her. "I feel it's too revealing", I worried. "How about a simple shirt and jeans. It's just a casual date", I pondered. She put that outfit back and picked out another outfit and handed it to me. "It's simple and cute. It's perfect for me. Thanks", I cheerfully grinned at her.

 Thanks", I cheerfully grinned at her

"Great", Angela grinned back before ushering me to change into the outfit and did my hair

"Great", Angela grinned back before ushering me to change into the outfit and did my hair. I hugged her thanking. We went to the living room, waiting for Adrian to arrive. 

"Are you waiting for Ian?", asked Daniel, emerging from kitchen. He went to sit beside Angela, placing one arm around her shoulders, drawing her close to him.

"Yes", Angela replied back on my behalf. "You ready for our picnic, babe?", asked Daniel, looking at Angela. "I have to change my outfit. Also, Jason went to the meeting. He said it might take an hour or so. I will get ready after sending Angela on her date", she replied, placing her head on his shoulders.

"Yes, it feels like we are sending our daughter on her date, huh?!", Daniel smiled cheekily looking between us. "Yeah, seems like it. They grow up so fast", she chuckled. I stuck out my tongue at them in response.

"So childish", Daniel laughed and ruffled my hair. I glared at them and stood up, hearing footsteps across the stairs. 

Adrian entered looking as handsome as ever. He looked around the room and his eyes lit up seeing me. He approached without taking his eyes away from me.

"You look beautiful", he breathed out, looking awestruck

"Thank you. You look good", I smiled shyly. He smirked back in response.  

"Young man", called Daniel from behind us. Adrian looked around the room to realize that Daniel is indeed pointing at him. An amused look passed through his eyes. 

"Yes", Adrian replied, his lips tugging upwards. 

"You were late. Where is the damn chivalry?! She waited for you for nearly 5 minutes", Daniel tried to sound stern while Angela guffawed.

"I was taking more time to make myself look good for our date", Adrian defended. 

"We hadn't specified any time", I tried to defend Adrian but Daniel just shushed me and went in front of Adrian and said lowly, " No funny business. Am I clear?". I wacked Daniel on back of his head.

"Stop teasing them babe", Angela approached, placing her hand behind Daniel's back, hugging him sideways. 

"It was fun", Daniel chuckled, hugging Angela back.

"Okay. We are leaving", Adrian said, taking my hand in his. 

"Don't forget to bring her back before midnight", Angela chuckled along with Daniel.

"Okay, mom and dad", I replied sarcastically, saluting.

Adrian opened a portal and ushered me to enter with him. We reached a beautiful valley with some dragons flying around.

"Where are we?", I asked Adrian excitedly, tugging up his sleeve

"Where are we?", I asked Adrian excitedly, tugging up his sleeve. "This is part of our kingdom. I own this land. This valley is called Alora. I've built magical barriers around this area to prevent outsiders from entering without my consent. We can thus freely explore and relax here without worrying that someone will find out about us ", Adrian replied, pulling me into his arms.
"And," he continued. I watched him as I awaited his next words.

He grinned, placing his palm to my face, "This is my gift to you"

I felt beyond shocked at his words. "What?", I asked bewildered.

He chuckled at my expression and hugged me from my back. He leaned my head up and pointed to the sky, where I could see some dragons soaring. "These are my dragons. I have had them since I was a child. This is my favourite place. A secret spot, you could say. I want to share this with you. This can be our special place", he continued, casting a hopeful glance my way. 

I was astounded and unsure of what to say. I felt elated, and a warm sensation arose in my heart.

"You don't like it?",  Adrian questioned worriedly, turning me towards him.

"I love it. You didn't have to do this ", I responded, planting a soft kiss on his lips. He drew me in for a passionate kiss before responding, "You worried me for a moment there. I want this to be ours. Now come on, lets go for a ride", he laughed excitedly and walked us towards a dragon standing near us.