Chapter 18

"So about that movie? You guys going to join? ", Jason hesitantly questioned, his eyes darting between Adrian and I. I wondered if Adrian would be interested as I cast a quick peek at him. Adrian also raised his head to inquire. I responded with a shrug and a nod. "Sure, we will join. Give us two minutes ", Adrian responded to Jason. Jason nodded before stepping outside and shutting the door behind him.

Adrian approached me in long strides and again drew me to him. He tilted my head up to face his and softly tucked loose stand of hair behind my ear. "I was hoping to have some alone time with you", he said, stroking my cheek lovingly.

"We will. We can skip our group picnic tomorrow  and just hang out here. Just the two of us". I suggested turning to face him.

He grinned and nodded. "Sounds fantastic. Can't wait ", he smirked.

"And, besides I think its best we inform Dan also about us being soulmates. He is the only one in our friends who doesn't know", I suggest looking at his reaction closely.

He looked confused at that. He tilted his head slightly and asked, "What? So, Angela knows?"

"Yeah. I told her. She is my bestfriend. I needed her advice on how to deal with all the craziness that I have been going through since I got here", I spoke cautiously and anxiously as to whether he would mind if I told Angela about us. He warned me not to tell anyone since it would hinder his mission, whatever that might be, so I was afraid he would become angry.

Adrian's gaze softened at my words. 

"Are you mad?", I continued asking hesitantly taking a step back.

"No, ofcourse not. I would never get mad at you for telling your bestfriend. I am sorry that I couldn't be there for you during all these time. You have been thrust here from your world which you have known your whole life. And got to know the truth about yourself and your family. You must have been felt so betrayed, hurt and confused. I should have been there for you instead you further had to deal with your soulmate acting like a jackass. I don't know how you forgave me so easily", Adrian replied dejectedly, appearing guilty, disheartened, and broken-hearted. He sat on his bed, staring down and running his hands through his hair, looking the saddest I have ever seen him.

I let out a small sigh. I walked gently up to him and took a seat next to him on the bed. I softly laid my hand on his shoulder and rested my head against his arm while making slow small circles over his back.

"I forgave you because I wanted to. I, too, wonder sometimes why I forgive people so easily and whether those people will continue to hurt me as they think that I would again forgive them. W I always listened to my heart when I forgave you and my family. I have always thought that everyone deserves a second chance to make amends. Don't get me wrong. I don't just easily forget whatever you guys did to hurt me. It haunts me sometimes. It makes me question on whom I can trust when people I have known my whole life and cared for kept lying to me for so long. It takes time to build back the trust. I did my part to give you another chance. Now, it's upto you how to gain my trust and not letting me down. So, refrain from dwelling too much on the past. Talk to me. Don't keep secrets from me. We are soul mates. We need to confide in eachother if we are to make our relationship last", I comforted him in a soft tone.

I placed a warm kiss on the side of his head. He slowly raised his head and kissed me hard on the lips. After breaking up from the kiss, he smiled so lovingly and said, " You are the best thing that has ever happened to me".

I grinned at that and pecked him on his lips and stood up. 

"Let's go watch that movie. Oh, and is that okay if we inform Dan also about us being soulmates? We will ask him to keep it a secret. ", I suggested hopefully.

"Yeah sounds great", Adrian agreed and took my hand in his. We walked over to where our friends were.

Daniel and Angela were sitting on the sofa, with Daniel on Angela's lap. Jason was seated on the floor. Upon seeing us holding hands, Angela raised her eyebrows at me questioningly, Jason grinned at us and Daniel sat up, looking at us in confusion.

"Are you guys together now?", asked Angela. 

"Yes", answered Adrian smiling at me. 

"Wow. Congrats, you guys", Angela hugged us while beaming joyously at us.

Daniel walked up to us and placed a hand against Angela's back. "You two are soul mates, right? That explains why Adrian gets so moody when Ry doesn't talk to him ", Daniel asked doubtfully while frowning in question.

"Yeah, we are mates", I answered Daniel. "And guys, please keep this a secret", I requested them. 

Daniel and Angela exchanged looks probably perplexed by my proposal. "Why?", asked Daniel, glancing between Adrian and I. I nodded at Adrian and he explained that it has to be kept a secret for a shortwhile until the mission is completed. Daniel, Angela and Jason promised that this would remain among ourselves.

We all got comfortable and settled in to watch the film. Adrian and I sat down on one sofa, Daniel and Angela claimed another, and Jason took the beanbag chair.

Adrian pulled me closer to himself and placed my head on his chest, cuddling me. I am starting to think that's his favourite thing to do. 

I tried to concentrate on the movie, but being near to Adrian and his scent distracted me. I tilted my head up slightly from his head and placed my head against his neck and inhaled his scent as discreetly as possible. Adrian gave me a chuckling glance as the edges of his lips tipped up. He said, his voice full of mischief, "Did you just sniff me?" My face began to get a little hotter as I felt embarrassed.

"No", I shook my head casually, keeping my voice light and faced my head straight ahead. Adrian chuckled and faced straight, looking at the screen. After a moment, he placed his mouth near my ear and whispered huskily. "You can sniff me whenever, love."