Chapter 7

After introducing himself, Jason flicked his hand and the mess vanished as if it had never existed. I stared at him in awe. "Remember we have magic?" Jason teased, smiling at my expression.

"People keep telling me that. But I'm not sure how to use mine yet. That's a really cool trick. I'm curious why Ang and Dan cook dinner when they can create delicious dishes with magic "I pondered.

"Something cannot be created out of thin air. Like food, our magic creates life-forms. I simply used my air magic to sweep the mess here and teleport it to the trash can "He laughed as he explained.

I was about to respond when Ang interrupted me with a yell "Hello, Ry!! Where have you gone?"

"I'm in the kitchen," I said back to her. When she saw Jason with me, she hugged him and inquired, "When did you get here? Where is Adrian?"

"I arrived a few minutes ago with Adrian. He stopped by to speak with the school council "Jason stated.

"Alright!! I see you've already met "Ang responded, her gaze fixed on Jason and me.

"Yes. She appears to be quite interesting ", Jason said, laughing. Angela looked at me in question, and I simply shook my head, indicating that I would explain later. Jason left, saying he needed to get some work done.

"So, how did the assessment go? What are your abilities? I'm dying to find out ", she exclaimed eagerly. I informed her of everything that had occurred.

"That's fantastic. Congratulations, bestie ", she exclaimed, simultaneously hugging me and shouting. "What are we celebrating?" Daniel inquired from behind. Angela explained to him, while I finished preparing lunch for us.

We ate lunch and talked about various topics. "Staying in the house all day is becoming tiring. Should we go somewhere? ", I inquired, my gaze fixed on them.

"We could go see dragons. I'll show you my pet dragon. Coral is his name. He is absolutely adorable "Ang exclaimed excitedly.

"You are the only person I know who calls a fierce dragon adorable. You guys have fun. I'm getting together with some friends to prepare for the next Agon Competition "Daniel left after saying this.

"Is that Aon or something Dan said?" I asked, perplexed.

"It's the Agon Cup. We have this magical sport in Shambhala. The players compete in various magical rounds. It is played in groups and against other schools "Ang explained.

"Are there other schools here?" I inquired. "Yes, Shambhala has three more prestigious schools. We can talk about it later. Let's go meet Coral now ", she says cheerfully.

I laughed at her enthusiasm . We arrived at a location close to the school. I see many dragons flying, some small dragons interacting, and a few people getting ready to fly on some. Angela led me to a medium-sized grey dragon sitting near a tree. When it saw Angela, it jumped up and flew towards us.

"I'm glad to see you, coral. This is my best friend Emery "Angela nuzzled the creature's head.

It approached slowly, and I was hesitant to pet it.

"It's not going to bite. It's very welcoming "Angela encouraged. Slowly and reluctantly, I ran my hand over its head. Coral closed its eyes slowly, as if it was enjoying itself. I was about to withdraw my hand after petting it for a few more minutes. Coral, on the other hand, raised his head and pushed his head against my back, shaking his head towards something.

"Coral wants to go for a ride," said Angela, sitting relaxed against the tree and looking amused.

"Oh, you know I'm afraid of heights," I reminded Angela while still petting Coral.

"I remember Ry!! Besides, we have many classes and competitions where flying is required; you won't fall down; it's pretty safe," she assured us as she walked towards us.

"Next time, I promise," I said. "All right, fine," she sighed, "I'll hold you to that." I gave her a nod.

"I want to walk around and explore this area more; I'll see you at the house," I said.

"All right, don't go too far," she advised as she boarded the dragon to take flight. "Whatever you say, mom," I joked, smiling. Coral flew into the sky as she stuck her tongue out at me.

I quickly left, walking through the area. I heard water flowing after walking through the trees. Curious, I followed the sound and discovered a lovely waterfall. The setting was absolutely enchanting, with all of the water reflecting different colours. I sat on the ground, taking in the scenery. After a while, I heard rustling from the trees. I stood up, a little afraid.

"Who's there?" I inquired cautiously.

A small dragon burst through the tree. I lost my balance and was about to fall down. But strong hands gripped my waist and held me steady. I slowly raised my head, feeling sparks from touch. The most beautiful man I'd ever seen was clutching me tightly and towering over me. Unknowingly, I let out a gasp as I lost myself in his bright green eyes. At the same time, we both whispered "soulmate." I felt an odd pull towards him, wanting to run my fingers through his gorgeous black hair and stay in his arms forever. He slowly backed away from me, walking away towards the dragon. He was about to walk away with the dragon when I approached him.

"Wait!!" I yelled, grabbing his arm.

"Are we soulmates?" I inquired, perplexed by his reaction. He gently removed my hand from his arm and walked away without looking back.