Chapter 14

I stumbled to my feet, but was supported by two strong arms. Adrian clung to my waist, his face inches from mine. "You guys look cosy," Jason said as he approached us. I moved away from Adrian quickly, trying not to blush. "Congratulations, Jase," I said as I hugged Jason. Adrian, who was staring at me, noticed the trophy Jason was holding and smiled.

"Aww!! Thanks, cupcake", Jason exclaimed cheekily. We walked over to the table. Angela, Daniel, and Rebecca had already taken their seats. I sat next to Angela, who was staring at Rebecca and smiled when she noticed my presence. Rebecca stared at me as she hugged Adrian. Adrian flinched and gently pushed her away.

"You should get that treated," I said, pointing to his wound. Jason examined his cousin in question. Adrian gave him a light shake of his head. Jason huffed and pressed his hand against the wound. His eyes were a brilliant green. The wound vanished as if it had never existed in the first place. "One of my powers is healing," Jason explained, amused by the look of awe in my eyes. Adrian smiled at Jason and sat next to me.

"When is the next activity?" Angela inquired, excitedly. "Already?! I'm exhausted ", Daniel exclaimed, leaning his head against Angela's shoulder. "You're always tired, babe," Angela says to Daniel, smiling. Daniel wiggled his brows suggestively, "I blame you for keeping me extremely busy in the woods today." Angela flushed hotly and elbowed Daniel. "You guys are sickeningly cute," Jason smirked. I laughed as I nodded in response to his words.

"Our instructor mentioned that the next activity will take place tomorrow. Why don't we all retire to our tents and tell ghost stories? ", Jason advised, a wicked smile on his face. "That sounds good," we all agreed, and proceeded to Adrian's tent. Rebecca, unfortunately, came along with us.

Adrian's tent is far too large for just one person. It appears to be large enough to accommodate more than ten people. "Perks of being soon to be King," Angela muttered as she sat on the floor bed. Adrian was next to me, and Jason was on the other end of the bed. His legs kept brushing up against mine, causing tingles all over. I stood up, wanting to sit somewhere else. "Cupcake, where are you going?! Take a seat ", Jason took my hand in his. Sighing, I sat in the same spot and moved away from Adrian, putting as much space between us as possible. Jason began telling describing a story. He made us laugh with his whimsical comments. All in all, he sucked at telling ghost stories. Rebecca left laughing shortly to meet her friends.

"Dude!! Stop!! I can't laugh any harder. It hurts", Daniel laughed rolling on the floor. "Dude, you were supposed to be scared," Jason scoffed. "That was really scary, Jay," Adrian teased, laughing heartily. Jason rolled his eyes and smacked Adrian on the back of the head.

"You people are impossible. You are welcome to try ", Jason commented, rolling his eyes. "Gladly," Daniel said as he stood up.

"Once upon a time—" Daniel began. "Lame," Jason said, tossing popcorn on Daniel's head.

"This is getting exhausting. Why don't we watch a movie instead?!", suggested Angela glaring at Daniel and Jason. They agreed reluctantly, arguing amongst themselves. Angela shushed them once more and began watching a movie. Except for Angela and me, everyone fell asleep after a while. Angela and I laughed at them and went on to watch a few more movies. Adrian drew me into his arms in his sleep. My heart began to race due to the close proximity. Tingles erupted throughout my body. I sighed happily at the contact before pulling away reluctantly. His eyebrow furrowed and his face was distressed.

"He appears to be having a nightmare," Angela said, watching us with interest and eating her popcorn calmly.

Adrian looked at me with concern. My hands ached to brush away a few hair tendrils that had fallen into his eyes. I pushed his hair away from his face and lightly cupped his cheek. Adrian sighed as he slept. I smiled to myself as I saw him relax.

"Who knew the great Prince would be putty in his mate's hands?" Angela chuckled.

"Go back to watching the movie," I said, smiling as I rolled my eyes.

"This is more exciting. Anyway, I'm off to bed. Danny's arms are calling out to me ", she smirked mischievously.

Her words made me laugh.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do," she said quietly, chuckling, as if pleased with herself. I threw a pillow at her head before continuing to watch the movie. I fell asleep while watching the movie.

I was startled awake by the sound of someone shrieking. I attempted to stand but was encased in a warm chest. Hands stroked my hair, lulling me to sleep. "Shh!! go back to sleep love",  Adrian kept stroking my head affectionately.

I looked around the room in my daze. The tent was empty except for Adrian. I guessed it was around midnight based on the darkness.

"Ian?", I wondered, pulling my head away from Adrian's chest. "I am here, love," he said reassuringly. My head was on his chest as he drew me back into his arms. In my heavy sleep, I couldn't make sense of anything and fell asleep peacefully in my mate's arms.