Chapter 19

My cheeks flushed slightly at his words. "Who knew the great Prince had a mischievous side?", I thought to myself in wonder. Adrian let out a husky chuckle. I hid my reddened face in his chest, not even trying to pretend to watch the movie. He pulled a blanket over us, cocooning me further in his embrace. A sigh of content escaped my lips, and my eyes drooped sleepily. The sparks flowing between us and the flaring mate bond felt like heaven. I felt a feathery kiss on the side of my head before sleep consumed me.

I woke up the next morning to the sunlight streaming through the curtains. I gazed around the room, noticing that the room I was in was Adrian's. "Adrian would have brought me here," I concluded. I tried to get up to go to my room but couldn't due to strong arms encasing my body in a hard chest. A huge smile lit up my face upon looking at him. Sunlight falling on his face made him look like a dream come true. His tousled dark hair gleamed brightly, and his face looked angelic when he was sleeping. My hand involuntarily pushed back strands of hair falling on his eyes. His lips parted slightly upon the contact and a faint smile appeared on his face., making my heart skip a beat. Wanting to see more of that smile, I kept tracing my finger along the side of his face, memorising all his features. My finger lightly grazed the side of his lips. My eyes were concentrated so intensely on his lips that I didn't realise his eyes were staring intensely at me.

Hearing voices down the hall made me come to my senses. I withdrew my hand slowly from Adrian. "Don't stop", Adrian whispered sleepily. "You are awake", I stated in surprise, sitting up. He smiled and pulled me gently into his chest again. He closed his eyes and started running his fingers through my hair. "How did I live these many years without you?", he murmured to himself.

"Ian, it's time to wake up", I nudged his arm slightly. He let out a small groan and nested his face in my hair. I felt ticklish by his hair grazing my soft spot in the neck. I let out a small laugh and pushed his head gently to the side. Adrian raised his head to look at me. His eyes twinkled and a bright amazed smile shone on his face. A mischievous look passed through his eyes and he smirked. He started to tickle me. I laughed harder, gasping for air.

"Stop", I asked through my laughs, squirming. He let out a laugh at that and tickled me harder. He stopped tickling after few moments and a second later, soft lips were placed on my mouth drawing me into a long, hard and breathtaking kiss. I let out a small gasp and I placed my hand on the back of his hair, pulling him further. I broke from the kiss to breathe and noticed Adrian's eyes shining with happiness, content and something like love. He softly placed his hand on my cheek and pulled me again for a kiss. He kissed harder, pulling me to him. 

A knock on the door interrupted us from our kiss and I pulled away hesitantly. Adrian placed his forehead on mine, breathing heavily. He grinned, when his eyes met mine and started to place soft kisses all over my face, eliciting a laugh from my lips. 

"Stop doing the nasty and open the door", Jason demanded on the other side of the door. Adrian groaned and buried his face in the pillows. He slightly moved his finger pointing at the door and it opened, revealing the irritated Jason. 

"Hi, future cousin-in-law", Jason greeted me and flicked his hand, moving the pillow to hit on Adrian's head. Adrian raised his head glaring at his cousin. 

"Let's go, you idiot. Council called for a meeting. It's about to start in a few minutes", Jason yelled at Adrian. 

Adrian looked at me and his gaze softened. "I will not be attending today", Adrian calmly stated to Jason, sitting up on the bed and taking my hand in his.

Jason let out a irritated sigh and was about to argue but stopped upon looking at our linked hands. A small smile appeared on his face.  "Alright. I will manage somehow. Have fun, lovebirds". Jason left, chuckling on his way. 

"Are you sure you don't want to go? It might me important.", I suggested looking into Adrian's eyes. 

Adrian stood up from the bed and responded, "No, they can survive without me for a day."

He smiled and kissed my palm softly, adding, "And, moreover, I can't wait to have you all to myself for an entire day."

"Now, go get ready. We have our first date to get to", Adrian grinned.